How do the pro scouts view Battle. | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

How do the pro scouts view Battle.

True but because HW has become JB's whipping boy, he's become tentative. Now people are using that to say HW can't play.
He just doesn't have JB's complete trust right now, but he has spoken highly of him at times. At some point this season, he will play extended minutes out of necessity, help win a game and silence the doubters, at least temporarily.

He just doesn't have JB's complete trust right now, but he has spoken highly of him at times. At some point this season, he will play extended minutes out of necessity, help win a game and silence the doubters, at least temporarily.

I agree. I get accused of being blindly supportive of HW. My whole point is that he should’ve been part of the rotation and he’d be more prepared now. I never said he’d be a world-beater, just capable of playing at this level. Hope we find out.

I agree. I get accused of being blindly supportive of HW. My whole point is that he should’ve been part of the rotation and he’d be more prepared now. I never said he’d be a world-beater, just capable of playing at this level. Hope we find out.
I'm not sure a few extra minutes in the non-conference would have prepared him any better than the experience he is getting in practice. He will be fine when his time comes, IMO. Right now the disparity in talent and experience at guard is just too great for JB to use him unless he has no choice. It's similar to when a redshirt freshman Cooney was backing up MCW and Triche.

Because a basketball team has needs outside of scoring as well. You would never say anything like this regarding PC, so why do you feel the need to say it with these two?

And for the record, I personally prefer having all players be able to shoot. But I'm not in the BB HOF, just the awesome hair HOF. Hopeful for the beard HOF some day as well...

Of course I wouldn't want PC taking a 3, but outside of Battle and Frank who can hit a three. I know next year is different but we're in trouble with outside shooting.

He'll be lucky to get drafted given the way this season is going.

He's a good player but hasn't elevated anyone else's play, stretched the court with solid 3 point shooting or come through when we needed him.

Combine that with a likely NIT appearance and no extra exposure - I no longer think he's a 2nd rounder, let alone fringe first. He'll have to have one heck of a workout.

There's also zero comparison to Lydon who also led an NIT team into mediocrity without stepping up. Lydon is an en vogue stretch 4. Battle is a talented SG with a shaky shooting stroke.. dime a dozen in the G-League.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom