How do the pro scouts view Battle. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

How do the pro scouts view Battle.

Tyus' inefficiency could be a developing problem for his stock. It's tough to say it's situational if he continues shooting 42% from the floor and 33--34% from 3. With the hitch in his jumper, those shooting numbers cannot make him overly appealing, so he'll have to improve over the 2nd half.

I wonder if his inability to contribute many stats elsewhere will have a negative impact, as well. 3 rebounds and 1.5 assists per game for a 6'6" guard playing 40 a guy may be a ding on him.

The FG percentage isn't necessarily a huge red flag, I don't think, only because he's taking a lot of shots and a lot of that is under direction from his HC. Thanks to teh depth of this team, the offense runs through Tyus. His FG% is only down a smidge from last season and he's taking nearly 7.5 more shots a game.

I would be curious to see what teams had about him on their big board with respect to pluses/minuses and ceiling. He's big and strong already, so it would have to be improved basketball skills.

Battle is IMO not a first round pick. He's really not that hard to defend. Play him tight. He pushes off and draws a lot of offensive fouls. His outside shooting is fair and his shot has a hitch. Bang him up, and play him tight and you can get into his head. He's got to learn to drive the ball past his defender without pushing off. The refs are on to it.

Lottery pick if he expands his game. Junior at Syracuse if he chooses to continue to be a black hole.

If Battle played for another team and the fans on that team’s message board kept talking about him going pro, we would be making fun of them.

Battle is IMO not a first round pick. He's really not that hard to defend. Play him tight. He pushes off and draws a lot of offensive fouls. His outside shooting is fair and his shot has a hitch. Bang him up, and play him tight and you can get into his head. He's got to learn to drive the ball past his defender without pushing off. The refs are on to it.

He needs to get better. People don't like to hear it, but guys get more consideration when their teams win. This team is going to wear down, because it just isn't deep enough.

If Battle comes back next year (I know, about a 5% chance), this is a Final Four caliber team and we will be ranked in the top 10 all year. If he has other players on the floor who can also score, that will make his own game look better, just like last year.

Will Battle still go pro if he isn't projected to make the First Round? He certainly has first round talent, but he still has work to do on his game.

He’s in a struggle right now.

He's been trying way too hard the last several games. He needs to relax and let the game come to him a bit more. In his last 5 games, he's 8-34 from three (under 25%) and his game vs. Bonaventure was a disaster (3 for 18, 1 for 9 from 3). He's been forcing it too much.

He's been trying way too hard the last several games. He needs to relax and let the game come to him a bit more. In his last 5 games, he's 8-34 from three (under 25%) and his game vs. Bonaventure was a disaster (3 for 18, 1 for 9 from 3). He's been forcing it too much.

It's the bigs who are really killing Battle. He can't drive because he ends up facing whoever is guarding PC. There is no reason to follow him outside the paint. But Battle has to recognize this and dump the ball off.

It's the bigs who are really killing Battle. He can't drive because he ends up facing whoever is guarding PC. There is no reason to follow him outside the paint. But Battle has to recognize this and dump the ball off.
I completely agree this is an issue but somehow Brissett and Howard can do it. In addition, they each bring a huge extra piece to the equation outside of scoring (OB - Boards / FH - Assists), whereas Battle does what else besides score?..

Battle could be a stud but right now he's just one of our 3 best players.

Lottery pick if he expands his game. Junior at Syracuse if he chooses to continue to be a black hole.

I'd take bets on that no matter what he does that he'll never be a lottery pick.

This. No reason he should be averaging 1.5 assists a game, nor should Brissett average 1.2. That's pathetic.

I completely agree this is an issue but somehow Brissett and Howard can do it. In addition, they each bring a huge extra piece to the equation outside of scoring (OB - Boards / FH - Assists), whereas Battle does what else besides score?..

Battle could be a stud but right now he's just one of our 3 best players.
He plays very good defense most nights, which is this team's strength.

This. No reason he should be averaging 1.5 assists a game, nor should Brissett average 1.2. That's pathetic.
This team gets a lot of field goals on put backs or from Howard and Battle creating for themselves late in the shot clock. They also get a disproportionate number of points from the line. Not a lot of assists to be had when this is the makeup of your offense. Howard averaging 6 assists per game is a minor miracle.

To make the NBA even as an elite defender you need to score.
What makes you think he would be unable to score at the next level? And I was answering longislandcuse's question about what else Battle does for his current team.

I'd take bets on that no matter what he does that he'll never be a lottery pick.
Depending on how he finishes this year, and if he stays i’ll take on that bet likely

What makes you think he would be unable to score at the next level? And I was answering longislandcuse's question about what else Battle does for his current team.

I don't think he's athletic enough and don't think he's a great shooter nor has the range for the NBA 3.

This team gets a lot of field goals on put backs or from Howard and Battle creating for themselves late in the shot clock. They also get a disproportionate number of points from the line. Not a lot of assists to be had when this is the makeup of your offense. Howard averaging 6 assists per game is a minor miracle.

Relying on that offense is calling for major issues.

Depending on how he finishes this year, and if he stays i’ll take on that bet likely

I like the kid and think he's an excellent player and glad he wears orange, but to be a lottery pick he needs to be at least the third or fourth best shooting guard in college and Europe cominbed. I'm not sure he's capable of that.

I don't think he's athletic enough and don't think he's a great shooter nor has the range for the NBA 3.
I think he is athletic enough and believe he will be able to score from multiple points on the floor at the next level. I agree that the jury is still out on him as an NBA 3-point shooter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom