How does a college kid... | Syracusefan.com

How does a college kid...

Selling used on Autotrader for $10k. That's a reasonable vehicle. Its not like he's cruising in a $70k Audi...

Money ain't a thing...

saban-you-mad-bro.jpg

Maybe it's a few years old. When Carmelo was at SU he drove a '98 Chrysler Concorde.

We bought Alec a Jeep Cherokee at the end of his freshman year - easy trade when you think about it. The Jeep, insurance, and gas money for 3 plus years was still less than a year's tuition. We had the same deal with all of our kids - get a full ride, we take care of the car.

He's still driving it in Houston - Rob Moore told him if he shows back up in Syracuse driving a new car he'd kick his butt ;)

10k is reasonable ? With what income?
Im willing to give the kid the benefit of the doubt

Maybe he had a job at some point
Maybe its a hand-me-down from his parents
Maybe he was able to take a loan

Go to a college parking lot and see what is being driven by college students today. All im saying is that it isn't unreasonable that a college kid is driving a $10k car. Especially when that kid doesnt have to pay tuition/room/board.

Glad I didn't come across any cops the time I hit 140 in a 65 or the time I hit 130 or the times I hit 120...

Afford a Chrysler 300? In college, I could barely afford the $11.99 Keystone 30 rack.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/eye...deveon-clowney-ticketed-for-doing-110-in-a-70

So sick of trying to justify how some schools always get these kids to play for them. It's pretty obvious!!

Have you seen the cars on any college campus. Parents buy their kids cars all of the time. Like you I had to buy my own and didn't have two cents to my name half of the time. It s always likely that there is something fishy, but it isn't a stretch o assume a college kid could have a nice car. This one just happens to be good at football.

Gray 85 I believe... A virtual cloud on wheels!!! I had plenty of weight in the trunk... Empty cases of Milwaukee best long necks at all times

I remember I had an Omni and a buddy of mine had the Plymouth version which was the Horizon. We combined the names and referred to our cars as Horomni's.

I remember mine used to sputter like the car in Uncle Buck when you turned it off.

I remember I had an Omni and a buddy of mine had the Plymouth version which was the Horizon. We combined the names and referred to our cars as Horomni's.

I remember mine used to sputter like the car in Uncle Buck when you turned it off.
My omni actually ran clean forever. Very impressive. I remember how easy it was to parallel park for my road test with it. Haha

My omni actually ran clean forever. Very impressive. I remember how easy it was to parallel park for my road test with it. Haha

They were actually good cars... I ran mine into the ground

Even if his parents did not pay for it, banks will provide loans to high profile athletes with no income based on future projected earnings. 2 reasons: 1) when they get their big paychecks they assume they will get paid back and 2) they want to give them their first loan so they will come back when they need more loans/mortgages.

I had an omni for just under a year. It ran great except it would overheat if I sat too long in one spot since the fan didn't work. Before I had the chance to fix it, an idiot pulled out in front of me and totaled it.

Last edited:
so you had an income.

If you want to call that an income, then yes I did. But I had to use that money not only on car payments but also on books and other school supplies. Oh, and I couldn't drink for free in college, which most of these star athletes can do. That costs money as well.