How far do you "commute" to home games? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

How far do you "commute" to home games?

A hop, skip, and a jump from East Syracuse.

331f2100-d098-4510-95be-4a82be60e005_rw_1200.jpg

I know we've got people here who buy season tix and probably live pretty far outside the immediate 315 area (i.e. Boston, Buffalo, etc.). Just curious how far some of you travel in to watch and support Syracuse football.
I live in south Jersey and it's about five and a half hours to the Dome, depending on the idiots at PennDot. It could be shorter and much more expensive to go through Philly and up the NE extension, but that never ends well, so I navigate up NJ 31 to I-78. It's worth the extra 20 minutes. I don't have seasons anymore but hope to go to 3-4 home games this year and to two of TexanMark's away games. Gotta see my SyracuseFan friends!

Normally 10-15 min… now that I’m working in Boston 5 hours+ depending on traffic. Bought seasons will be at Louisville, @uconn, Purdue, Virginia, ND, @BC hopefully and maybe NCST.

After a couple of delays and a cancellation I drove from Chicago to Syracuse in the middle of a storm, once. That was a fun 12 hours.

I have season tickets but cannot attend every game.

I’ve done Amtrak from Albany to Chicago for Bears games. Not a terrible option at times compared to flying.

Last edited:
A nice 10 minute uber ride through the beautiful view of South Salina St and on to 81 North

Actual driving time, about 8 hrs including two border crossings but not including meal breaks. The Purdue game will probably be my last drive however, and after that I will solely utilize the good folks who operate airlines.