How has JB done with MCW and Xmas? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

How has JB done with MCW and Xmas?

1.JB has seen more in practice then we have in games of MCW and Rak

2. I can see not playing rak I do sort of feel MCW could possibly deserve more minutes though. Then again I like the idea of him coming back next year and the guy has potential.

3. I wouldn't put it past JB weighing the good and the bad.
The good MCW could make us alittle better.
The bad MCW jumps after one year on potential.

Next year is going to be interesting not sure if we need Fair to camp out at the three point line If one of our bigs (including grant) can play some high post moves basketball.
Thats one thing that made me happy about the usf game. Both Fair and KJO were in the high post instead of KJO having to be all on the perimeter.
I just think their is a huge possibility we could be real tough in the high post next year and bring a tough transition attack the paint game.

4. This year KJO and Fair have been tough in the high post. When KJO has operated out of the high post good things have happened. Would like to see him do it more all game instead of just the second halfs against WVU and USF. He is alittle foul prone though.

Hes got huge potential. It doesn't matter how unready he is. Some franchises would gladly take a late first round pick on potential rather then getting someone with lesser of a ceiling in the long run.

If MCW left this year, he would not be drafted.

I'm glad you weren't around in 2003. You'd be complaining that Matt Gorman should be playing 15 minutes a game, even if it meant 15 minutes less from Melo/Hakim.

Actually the one fans were begging JB to play all year in 2003 was Pace...and the fans were right and JB finally bought in...and happened to be one of the reasons we won in 2003.

No Sgt...I don't think he's perfect because he's human. I'm pretty sure he'd say the same.

And I don't think I'm necessarily right because I disagree with him on some things. It's an opinion. Most of what you read on this board are opinions.

Your's are just as valid as mine. Sometimes people read things and base their responses on a misinterpretation of what was written. Sometimes what is written isn't clear enough to be interpreted as it was meant to be.

All I know is your response indicates to me that what I wrote was misinterpreted.
Well Bevo - just to recap your original post's paragragh's you did say - JBs human, All coaches have flaws, I do think it has hindered the development of some of our players.
The implication was pretty clear.

I think the use of the bench was a valid criticism in the past, but I think JB has been conciously trying to change. I have liked the whole start a sub kind of thing the past couple of years - BT freshman yr, Fab, now Rak. Gets a sub in there in a noncritical spot.

I can understand people wanting to see MCW, I would like it too. JB was playing him, the 4th guard, in the first half earlier in the season. That is rare. But MCW is the 4th guard, and a freshman. I doubt MCW will be in, in close games.

I was never coached that way in any sport. The goal of the regular season is to win the regular season. The goal of the post season is to win the post season. There is no give-and-take. IMO, anything else is a losers mentality.

Hugely and respectfully disagree. It is all about the NCAA's. That is where the money is, the recognition, the exposure, the top-shelf recruiting. No one really cares or remembers who wins regular season or conference tourneys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom