How is your brand now Ishaq? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How is your brand now Ishaq?

I still don't get how people can begrudge a kid for choosing ND over a Syracuse in the first place. Especially 4-5 years ago, you have the chance to play for a bottom tier big east team in front of 30k fans or at ND who in their worst season garners sell out crowds and national audiences. The campus is also very nice and they are a true football school. Baldly he was 18. Still curious how some people would handle the attention these kids get.
It stems from more of what was perceived arrogance of Mr. Williams and how he wanted to seem as if he was the "Godfather" of NYC football. I had to dig pretty hard to find these, but I think the worst part was after the commitment he said something along the lines that, "he is looking out for us and going to be a driving part behind steering others to SU" although we were not "pretty" enough for his son. From listening to the ND press conference, I am not sure if anything much will come of this.

Although I have so much disgust and hate for ND and everything it stands for (I mean hole swallows the campus), I would rather win a game with all their players as we have in the past. If we win and these players don't play it offers an excuse.

A bit of Wayne Williams in this one, Marrone recruiting IW.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBMLWJJVHnc

More Shaun Williams:
http://orangefizz.net/2011/01/ishaq-williams-dad-says-fizz-will-not-affect-his-decision/

Diaco visiting:
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/hi...lincolns-ishaq-williams-commits-to-notre-dame

Last edited:
It is more about the arrogance that Mr. Williams played off and how he wanted to seem as if he was the "Godfather" of NYC football. He is actually pretty connected in the scary World Wide Wes AAU kind of way. I had to dig pretty hard to find these, but I think the worst part was after the commitment he said something along the lines that, "he is looking out for us and going to be a driving part behind steering others to SU" although we were not "pretty" enough for his son. From listening to the ND press conference, I have a sinking feeling that nothing much is going to come of this just like the multiple rapes, athletic cheating, and death of the student manager. It is their MO.

Although I have so much disgust and hate for ND and everything it stands for (I mean hole swallows the campus), I would rather win a game with all their players as we have in the past. If we win and these players don't play it offers an excuse.

A bit of Wayne Williams in this one, Marrone recruiting IW.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBMLWJJVHnc

More Williams humbleness:
http://orangefizz.net/2011/01/ishaq-williams-dad-says-fizz-will-not-affect-his-decision/
Diaco visiting:
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/hi...lincolns-ishaq-williams-commits-to-notre-dame

I get it. Seems people's problems stem more from the father than the son? I guess that sheds some light on it for me, I didn't follow his recruitment very closely. Either way I still think some of the hate is a bit crazy, but this board does have a 1000 post thread on how irrelevant Rutgers is so crazy is not a new thing.

I believe he was never coming to SU and we stayed on the radar as a favor to DM and the school.

You are spot on with regards to Ishaq's father but here is my defense for he kid - and what I remember about the whole incident.

Ishaq's father promised FHCDM to let Ishaq the son make this decision of SU vs ND and to keep the lines of communication open until Ishaq was ready to declare. However, Ishaq actually had doubts about ND commitment to him and the story behind the story is that Ishaq really wanted to come here to be with fellow NYC kids he knew were also coming but father wouldn't let son make any decision until ND visit. The visit by ND was orchestrated by Ishaq's father to get Ishaq to finally believe ND really wanted him as much or more than SU. ND's early morning visit was a surprise to Ishaq (but not to father). Checkmate.

Last edited:
Notre Dame has dismissed Ishaq for academic fraud. Three other key players/starters dismissed, as well. Odds are shifting in our favor for the game at MetLife. I like it! I hope he realizes now what crappy, idiotic advice he received and the NY contingent doesn't listen to that same fool.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...r-including-keivarae-russell-davaris-daniels/
The childish pettiness on this board amazes me. Why do people begrudge young men's choices which have ABSOLUTELY NO IMPACT on their own lives? I mean grow up.
BTW, it is never a mistake to attend Notre Dame. What he is alleged to have done is a mistake which has nothing to do with his initial decision to attend ND.
BTW, James Sutherland says SU fans shouldn't throw stones.

i'll take single digits
Rock the key is to be aggressive thru the ball on all swings even chipping. I also pick a spot a yard two in front of my ball and swing to that spot it helps to keep your ball on target.

Rock the key is to be aggressive thru the ball on all swings even chipping. I also pick a spot a yard two in front of my ball and swing to that spot it helps to keep your ball on target.
aggressive is not my problem. but i will take the swing to spot concept and put it to test since being off target (while having the length) is costing me strokes. thanks for tip

Capt. Tuttle said:
The childish pettiness on this board amazes me. Why do people begrudge young men's choices which have ABSOLUTELY NO IMPACT on their own lives? I mean grow up. BTW, it is never a mistake to attend Notre Dame. What he is alleged to have done is a mistake which has nothing to do with his initial decision to attend ND. BTW, James Sutherland says SU fans shouldn't throw stones.

Of course it can be a mistake to attend ND. If it's the wrong fit or you don't feel comfortable or ... You don't feel the support is their academically for you to succeed... So you seek unconventional help...

aggressive is not my problem. but i will take the swing to spot concept and put it to test since being off target (while having the length) is costing me strokes. thanks for tip
good luck with the tip it really made a difference for me in putting for birdie instead of chipping for one. Same concept as putting always swing to target not hole.

I am actually more concerned with how to I can get back down to a 3 handicap in golf then about some kid who didn't pick SU 3 or 4 years ago
Learn to putt when your 5 to 10 feet off the green , it's more consistent than chipping and you'll end up with fewer putts.

Learn to putt when your 5 to 10 feet off the green , it's more consistent than chipping and you'll end up with fewer putts.
short game is not my problem its the not practicing anymore is why I am a 7 instead of a 3. Once you have kids and a woman the game will suffer because its not as important and you don't have the extra time.

You do realize that is your opinion and there is no way of knowing that for a fact. All I know is that there was a great deal of speculation at the time that he was going to ND and that his parents were trying to help out the alma mater by keeping SU in the final three, We will never know.

I will tell you this IS the case and is not speculation. Ishaq loved Syracuse, Marrone and Anselmo.

I can also say that we had Ebo locked up until some shady crap went on. Fact.

You are spot on with regards to Ishaq's father but here is my defense for he kid - and what I remember about the whole incident.

Ishaq's father promised FHCDM to let Ishaq the son make this decision of SU vs ND and to keep the lines of communication open until Ishaq was ready to declare. However, Ishaq actually had doubts about ND commitment to him and the story behind the story is that Ishaq really wanted to come here to be with fellow NYC kids he knew were also coming but father wouldn't let son make any decision until ND visit. The visit by ND was orchestrated by Ishaq's father to get Ishaq to finally believe ND really wanted him as much or more than SU. ND's early morning visit was a surprise to Ishaq (but not to father). Checkmate.

My biggest gripe in that whole situation was the father. Ishaq didn't do anything to SU, he didn't insult the program, he just chose to go elsewhere and I can't fault him for that. Unfortunately he's personally taken a lot of flack from our fan base because his father was such an ass about the situation.

docsu said:
In this thread grown men are bitter because of a decision made by a teenager three years ago.

I read it more as people being bitter about another grown man and what he said and did.

It's a fan message board. Not church. A place where we should expect adults to act a tad childish at times, and maybe take a wee but of joy as opponents hit bumps on the road. Won't be many opposing fans taking the high road when we struggle.

Having said that, it's terrible that a few young men may have wasted a tremendous opportunity.

As many have pointed out, much of the vitriol is aimed at the dad, not the kid. I'm okay with that. Dad seemed a bit pious.

I still don't get how people can begrudge a kid for choosing ND over a Syracuse in the first place. Especially 4-5 years ago, you have the chance to play for a bottom tier big east team in front of 30k fans or at ND who in their worst season garners sell out crowds and national audiences. The campus is also very nice and they are a true football school. Baldly he was 18. Still curious how some people would handle the attention these kids get.
I have been to the campus. It's not that great. South Bend is a Sheet hole.

short game is not my problem its the not practicing anymore is why I am a 7 instead of a 3. Once you have kids and a woman the game will suffer because its not as important and you don't have the extra time.
which is exactly my problems, wife, kids, work all contribute to my 12 handicap

Do you guys think there is any possibility at all, that Shaf gives Ishaq a call?

Do you guys think there is any possibility at all, that Shaf gives Ishaq a call?

Zero chance but I'll say one thing, all of the dismissed kids will be eligible immediately because this isn't a transfer situation. There will be no shortage of suitors.

which is exactly my problems, wife, kids, work all contribute to my 12 handicap
you know how many golfers would give their right arm to be a 12 handicap? To drop those final handicap shots I recommend practicing at the range. but a good range that has defined targets like Erie village 100 yards and in is where you will shave the strokes from your game. Good luck my friend I hope it works out for you!