How is your brand now Ishaq? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

How is your brand now Ishaq?

Pious might be the best description. Good choice of words Jake.

Adults ragging on kids is never cool. It's just another (more despicable) form of the "internet tough guy" routine. Thread is a disgrace.

The anybody would choose ND crowd is delusional. Majors matter, comfort with the school, location, etc all factor in.

I'd tell my kid to do what he wants to do. And then support him.

TheCusian said:
The anybody would choose ND crowd is delusional. Majors matter, comfort with the school, location, etc all factor in. I'd tell my kid to do what he wants to do. And then support him.

Except the kid wanted to go to SU.

Except the kid wanted to go to SU.
That and available playing time.

Still, at either place you've got to put in some academic effort. SU has experience with this on the hoops front.

Moontan said:
That and available playing time. Still, at either place you've got to put in some academic effort. SU has experience with this on the hoops front.

Yep.

Zero chance but I'll say one thing, all of the dismissed kids will be eligible immediately because this isn't a transfer situation. There will be no shortage of suitors.
They may not have enough credits to be eligible.

It's the recruiting double standard.

In basketball, a kid would be stupid not to come here with our facilities, TV exposure, tradition, and chance to play on a title contender. In football, wanting those things makes you history's greatest monster.
Very,very well said my friend.

Adults ragging on kids is never cool. It's just another (more despicable) form of the "internet tough guy" routine. Thread is a disgrace.

Not to get in the way of a good self-righteous rant, but Jake was referring to the father with the pious comment, not Ishaq.

It's the recruiting double standard.

In basketball, a kid would be stupid not to come here with our facilities, TV exposure, tradition, and chance to play on a title contender. In football, wanting those things makes you history's greatest monster.

Boy, you sure love beating this double standard drum at every available opportunity.

I do agree that this thread is stupid.

The sins of the father shadow the son

I have no ill will towards any members of the Williams family - however
The father did his son no favors with his actions or his verbatim during the process

The father became more consumed and enticed by the process than did the son

And that is where the ill will stems from for many

Boy, you sure love beating this double standard drum at every available opportunity.

I do agree that this thread is stupid.

I take it you disagree?

It gets tiring listening to people whine whenever we lose a top tier recruit to a program that's higher profile than ours. Like we are entitled to get these guys because they go to high school nearby.

Last edited by a moderator:
docsu said:
I take it you disagree? It gets tiring listening to people whine whenever we lose a top tier recruit to a program that's higher profile than ours. Like we are entitled to get these guys because they go to high school nearby.

Or because the kid wanted to go here. We won.

I was speaking in general, not about IW in particular, but whatever.

It was a recruitment from three years ago and whether people are ripping the kid or his dad it's splitting hairs IMO. People are bing extremely petty and childish.

Brian Kelly 'shocked' over Notre Dame academic scandal

I am shocked.jpg

wait a minute...

youre saying that these kids could play this fall???...somewhere else???...like at say...Syracuse???

then yes, lets call everyone of them.

ill do their homework for them, i can keep my trap shut too.

Sorry, Kaiser, but the s ex part is probably a deal-breaker. :rolleyes:

Love reading how some of these posters are beating up on each other in this otherwise worthless thread.:crazy:

Sorry, Kaiser, but the s ex part is probably a deal-breaker. :rolleyes:

Love reading how some of these posters are beating up on each other in this otherwise worthless thread.:crazy:
Is that even still part of the story?

Thought it was in the...'the tutor is Lennay Kueka' theme...

I take it you disagree?

It gets tiring listening to people whine whenever we lose a top tier recruit to a program that's higher profile than ours. Like we are entitled to get these guys because they go to high school nearby.

Yes, I disagree with your characterization of our fanbase as it pertains to recruiting. You are also comparing an elite [arguably] program on the hoops side to one that is still in the throes of a rebuild on the football side. So the baseline is not a consistent comparison--especially from the standpoint of prestige, recent success, facilities, or the caliber of recruit each program can legitimately land.

You want to know what else is tiresome? Listening to people whine and make sweeping generalizations about the fanbase and the points of view they express. Are there some reactions like you're describing? Sure. But there are a lot of highly knowledgeable posters with their fingers on the pulse of recruiting, who provide tremendous insight / insider perspective, as well. If you honestly find recruiting discussions so tiring, then you need to figure out which posters fit into each respective category, and start paying more attention to the posters who provide value.

Yeah, because playing FB at and getting a degree from ND isnt better than the same thing at and from SU.:crazy:
Any father with the kid's best interest at heart would advise the same thing, absent some extraordinary circumstances.
Only if you play. Only if you get the degree.

Yeah, he pushed his son to Notre Dame. Such a crime.
It is, if that's not where he wanted to go. It's not like SU is a scrub school in either athletics or academics. If he comes to SU and takes care of business on the field and in the class room, his future would have been just fine (better really). It's not as if SU hasn't been sending players to the league the last few years, and they have plenty of distinguished alumni in many other sectors. If he went to ND because his dad pushed him there and not because that's where he wanted to be, he may be less motivated to take care of business just like anyone who's living their life for someone else.

you know how many golfers would give their right arm to be a 12 handicap? To drop those final handicap shots I recommend practicing at the range. but a good range that has defined targets like Erie village 100 yards and in is where you will shave the strokes from your game. Good luck my friend I hope it works out for you!

That's the truth. I'd like to consistently break 100. My short game kills me, and practicing hasn't helped much.
It sucks to suck.

Yes, I disagree with your characterization of our fanbase as it pertains to recruiting. You are also comparing an elite [arguably] program on the hoops side to one that is still in the throes of a rebuild on the football side. So the baseline is not a consistent comparison--especially from the standpoint of prestige, recent success, facilities, or the caliber of recruit each program can legitimately land.

You want to know what else is tiresome? Listening to people whine and make sweeping generalizations about the fanbase and the points of view they express. Are there some reactions like you're describing? Sure. But there are a lot of highly knowledgeable posters with their fingers on the pulse of recruiting, who provide tremendous insight / insider perspective, as well. If you honestly find recruiting discussions so tiring, then you need to figure out which posters fit into each respective category, and start paying more attention to the posters who provide value.

I wouldn't say I'm making a broad generalization of our fanbase. If that's the way I came off, that wasn't my intent. But it's a sentiment that I've noticed in recruiting threads often enough when some recruits commit to the FSUs and Notre Dames of the world over us.

And I'm not so dense as to realize that our program are different. But I don't think that's relevant. The baseline is the caliber recruit each program tries to recruit. If we assume that said 4-5 star recruits, basketball OR football .IN GENERAL considers things like facilities, TV exposure, prestige, etc important, why do SOME in our fanbase consider one a positive and one a negative? When a top ten basketball recruit comes here it's because he wants to win, or because of our "brand." When a four star football recruit does the same thing, ie choose a top 10 program over us, he's a prima donna, or he just cares about a "name" or has his hand out.

I don't mean to come off negative, I suppose some posts elicit more of a visceral response which get me to post more. A lot of the recruiting stuff is truly awesome. I've benefitted greatly from the elimation of a premium board. Sometimes you have to wade through some garbage to find the good stuff.