How is your brand now Ishaq? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

How is your brand now Ishaq?

docsu said:
"How is your brand now Ishaq"

Brand was what the dad said even the post itself calls out the dad. So the title of the thread could have been better. You didn't criticize the title, you called out people in the thread, who for the most part are critical of the father. Such a crime.

Brand was what the dad said even the post itself calls out the dad. So the title of the thread could have been better. You didn't criticize the title, you called out people in the thread, who for the most part are critical of the father. Such a crime.

Oh. Now that you explained it that way, it sounds much less petty and butthurt. Thanks for your help!

docsu said:
Oh. Now that you explained it that way, it sounds much less petty and butthurt. Thanks for your help!

Anytime.

the campus is ugly imho. i dont understand anyone that says otherwise. take away touchdown jesus and the football field and its a bunch of buildings that look the same in the middle of nowhere and without a doubt the ugliest girls i have ever seen on a college campus (no offense to anyone who may take offense to that). But it was that egregious. Also closer to BYU than to Syracuse on the party factor.

I think you would be in the minority with that take. I wanted to hate that place when I visited and having dated a couple of ND alums before (both smoking hot) I have to disagree with that part of their talent pool. It's a very flat part of the country which sucks but it is absolutely a nice campus. It's not Emory or Pepperdine but it's nice. The stadium and TD jesus are just accessories, imo. Rice and Miami OH are other schools and great campuses with the whole "buildings that look the same" concept. It works.

This is a message board hate when people need to order a whaburger burger and French cries unless the thread is racist or sexist should be fine to say whatever

My biggest gripe in that whole situation was the father. Ishaq didn't do anything to SU, he didn't insult the program, he just chose to go elsewhere and I can't fault him for that. Unfortunately he's personally taken a lot of flack from our fan base because his father was such an ass about the situation.
Exactly his fathers advice and manipulation of the situation didn't work out well for Ishaq. Dad wanted what he thought was the bright lights and I think he wanted it for himself and not really want was best for his kid.

Exactly his fathers advice and manipulation of the situation didn't work out well for Ishaq. Dad wanted what he thought was the bright lights and I think he wanted it for himself and not really want was best for his kid.

The ironic thing is that Wayne Williams may end up having the more statistically significant career.

Zero chance but I'll say one thing, all of the dismissed kids will be eligible immediately because this isn't a transfer situation. There will be no shortage of suitors.
wait a minute...

youre saying that these kids could play this fall???...somewhere else???...like at say...Syracuse???

then yes, lets call everyone of them.

ill do their homework for them, i can keep my trap shut too.

Yeah, because playing FB at and getting a degree from ND isnt better than the same thing at and from SU.:crazy:
Any father with the kid's best interest at heart would advise the same thing, absent some extraordinary circumstances.

Anybody ripping a kid or parent for picking ND over SU, in particular a football player, is delusional.

I get the whole legacy, father, really liked SU, 3AM visit business, but at the end of the day, straight up comparison, and add in the context of 3/4 years ago, not really much of a choice unless really fall in love with SU or want to be close to home.

Yeah, because playing FB at and getting a degree from ND isnt better than the same thing at and from SU.:crazy:
Any father with the kid's best interest at heart would advise the same thing, absent some extraordinary circumstances.

It's the recruiting double standard.

In basketball, a kid would be stupid not to come here with our facilities, TV exposure, tradition, and chance to play on a title contender. In football, wanting those things makes you history's greatest monster.

Anybody ripping a kid or parent for picking ND over SU, in particular a football player, is delusional.

I get the whole legacy, father, really liked SU, 3AM visit business, but at the end of the day, straight up comparison, and add in the context of 3/4 years ago, not really much of a choice unless really fall in love with SU or want to be close to home.

Don't disagree. People ragging on Ishaq - it's not his fault and that's displaced ire at best. The father, on the other hand, deserves what criticism he gets for the WAY in which he carried himself while making that decision, not the decision itself.

How is going to N.D. bad for the kid. He made a terrible mistake. But he was set to start this year. There are worse things than a D from N.D. and a football career to boot.

Don't disagree. People ragging on Ishaq - it's not his fault and that's displaced ire at best. The father, on the other hand, deserves what criticism he gets for the WAY in which he carried himself while making that decision, not the decision itself.

Yeah, he pushed his son to Notre Dame. Such a crime.

Yeah, he pushed his son to Notre Dame. Such a crime.

What part of "the way in which he carried himself" do you not understand? I think I made it pretty clear that I don't hold any ill will towards him or Ishaq for deciding to go with ND.

It's a fan message board. Not church. A place where we should expect adults to act a tad childish at times, and maybe take a wee but of joy as opponents hit bumps on the road. Won't be many opposing fans taking the high road when we struggle.

Having said that, it's terrible that a few young men may have wasted a tremendous opportunity.

As many have pointed out, much of the vitriol is aimed at the dad, not the kid. I'm okay with that. Dad seemed a bit pious.

Pious might be the best description. Good choice of words Jake.

What part of "the way in which he carried himself" do you not understand? I think I made it pretty clear that I don't hold any ill will towards him or Ishaq for deciding to go with ND.

Edited. I get what you're saying now.

Edited. I get what you're saying now.

No worries. I'm recovering from surgery and have been on painkillers the past two days so I'm surprised that I'm even reading things right today lol :)