How long until Colorado implodes? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

How long until Colorado implodes?

I asked a question. Nothing more. But you react like I insulted the King. Strange. And as far as it being well documented, people are not with people all the time. We often find that we don't know people that are close to us. Let alone far away.
Strange? lol do you see people getting defensive after I give Prime any type of credit? So, not strange at all

Curious to know why people hate him so much. He does everything bad?
He's a tremendous self-promoter but what comes with that is many many people burned along the way. Granted most coaches are in it for themselves but I truly think Sanders only cares about himself and his kids. That's it.

And I thought Fireball was a big fan of LeBron on the hoops side.

Is this the WWE? Why do sports need heels?
Sports absolutely need heels. It's more fun when there is Darth Vader like avatars. John Thompson, Jimmy Johnson, John Calipari. Unlikeable and successful.

I have no doubt Deion is a heel but to be a good heel you need to be successful. I question the success part. It'll play out soon enough one way or the rother.

I'm just saying he probably overdoes it. That's all. Though Cuse fans should be well aware of what happens when the coach puts his kids first...

Sassy Tea GIF by Married At First Sight Australia

Deion has had issues in the past, whether some issues with one of his wives, Prime Prep and the dude that said he attacked him and that school basically being a sham, etc.

Now, whatever happened, happened. I'm not trying to litigate any accusations against him on a Syracuse message board.

If you ignore those items, as a coach, the worst thing he did was put a major target on CU's back for every single team that played them.

He also goes out of his way to protect his kid that plays QB.

It sure seems like the content they put out that is VERY curated isn't exactly how his program is run, nor do the guys give a hoot about what he says.

They open with a probably tougher than ideal NDSU and then they play Nebraska and every single Nebraska fan has that game circled.

At the end of the day, the recruits and hype and coverage only last so long if the wins aren't there. And no one will care if he keeps landing around 5-7 wins a season.

Deion has had issues in the past, whether some issues with one of his wives, Prime Prep and the dude that said he attacked him and that school basically being a sham, etc.

Now, whatever happened, happened. I'm not trying to litigate any accusations against him on a Syracuse message board.

If you ignore those items, as a coach, the worst thing he did was put a major target on CU's back for every single team that played them.

He also goes out of his way to protect his kid that plays QB.

It sure seems like the content they put out that is VERY curated isn't exactly how his program is run, nor do the guys give a hoot about what he says.

They open with a probably tougher than ideal NDSU and then they play Nebraska and every single Nebraska fan has that game circled.

At the end of the day, the recruits and hype and coverage only last so long if the wins aren't there. And no one will care if he keeps landing around 5-7 wins a season.
Speaking of recruits, he has only 7 commits for the 2025 cycle, ranked 81st in the country by 24/7. When you consider the coach's name value and the desirability of playing in Boulder, and that's all he has, well, draw your own conclusions.

Strange? lol do you see people getting defensive after I give Prime any type of credit? So, not strange at all
yeah, it was really strange. I just asked you a question.

Is this the WWE? Why do sports need heels?

Sports is entertainment and having someone to root against makes it more fun.

I mean, wasn’t it more fun back in the day when we had personalities like John Thompson, Rollie, Pitino, PJ, Calhoun, etc. to root against? Wasn’t it fun when guys like Steve Spurrier came to the Dome and we could direct our ire at him?

Love him or hate him, Sanders makes people care. In an environment where so many coaches are desperately trying to say nothing all the time, it’s fun to have a guy like him around who talks nonsense.

I’m not sure but if guys like Urban Meyer and Paterno can do what they did and still coach then Prime can work through this. Maybe he will tighten it up.

I'm not a Prime fan by any means but there seem to be hints of haterade in how that article portrays the program. Not saying whether it's deserved or not- all facts not in hand at this time.
However, suggesting he'll lose his job or the program's in chaos, is a bit premature and reeks of hypocrisy. The amount of publicity he's bought to the program has been worth its weight. Nobody mentions Colorado if he's not there. Period
Bottom line if Prime wins, he'll be there. If he loses, they'll dog him out till he leaves or is fired. We shall see.

Last edited:
The media painted Neon's success at Jackson Stadium as being the most super coaching in 1AA (FCS) hisortry. The fact is that the SWAC plays average at best 1AA football, so much so that its champ almost never plays in the playoffs. So Neon winning as he did at Jackson St means very little, not much more than a D2 winner who fails to sniff the D2 National Championship.

What he now must face is that all kinds of Buffs fans expect him to get them back to the top of the Big 12, before 2030. No OU and no Texas, and Buffs fans want to win. They have swallowed the hype machine. Soon they will be ready to revolt if Sanders does not deliver. And a 6-6 bowl team is not delivering.

Pat is going to win a gazillion dollars for his wrongful termination
Is he? How can anyone know that unless you know Illinois employment law? They might settle, but that's not a win. The notion that there wasn't cause to fire him after their investigation is ridiculous, but I don't know Illinois employment law.

Are you basing this off of the summary judgment denial? It's pretty rare to grant summary judgment when facts are in dispute.

I'm not a Prime fan by any means but there seem to be hints of haterade in how that article portrays the program. Not saying whether it's deserved or not- all facts not in hand at this time.
However, suggesting he'll lose his job or the program's in chaos, is a bit premature and reeks of hypocrisy. The amount of publicity he's bought to the program has been worth its weight. Nobody mentions Colorado if he's not there. Period
Bottom line if Prime wins, he'll be there. If he loses, they'll dog him out till he leaves or is fired. We shall see.
Im not even a big fan. Its just interesting how people hate him and want to see him fail. lol

Last edited:
Im not even a big fan. Its just interesting how people hates him and want to see him fail. lol
Cannot speak for anyone else. But I don’t “hate” the guy. And I don’t hope to see him fail. I just think he’s a guy I wouldn’t like as the football coach of my team. I have a difficult time seeing him as an effective coach, and I think his schtick would get old fast. That’s not hating on him or having him live rent free in my head.

Curious to know why people hate him so much. He does everything bad?

I don’t think you do everything bad. Why do you think everyone thinks you do everything bad?

The transfers he got initially weren’t high quality. Just high quantity. Let’s give him a learning curve like we do everyone else.
He had the number one ranked transfer class in 2023, not accurate to say they weren’t high quality.

lol they had 52 commits. Thats why. 35 teams had a higher average per commit
He still brought in good players and better players than had been there and that is the point. With a class that big the lower half of the class is bringing down the average. Why are you such a Deion hater? Give him credit for bringing in a good class.

He still brought in good players and better players than had been there and that is the point. With a class that big the lower half of the class is bringing down the average. Why are you such a Deion hater? Give him credit for bringing in a good class.
He had to bring in bodies to replace the guys that left. I am giving him credit for that. 35th class is not high quality. This years transfer class is 25th so I expect to see better results