how many heisman's does Hunt win? just one or two | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

how many heisman's does Hunt win? just one or two

I will go thru this one more time. Let's say we start out 3-0 and we beat down ND. Then win at home against "ville. In order for players to be considered for awards they kind of have to be promoted early, that's how we lost the Heisman that Don MacPherson should have won to Tim Brown. If we get to 5-0 do you want to lay it on his head then , because the media will.
Pretty sure no one had heard of Jameis Winston prior to last season or Johnny Manziel prior to the season before. Andre Williams made it to NY and he was a virtual unknown also. And if that you are projecting does happen I would guess it would be George Morris or Brisley Estime that might be worthy of Heisman attention. They are pretty good players on the Syracuse team also and I expect them to have more to do with SU's success next season than Hunt. You see I am a fan of the team. If a player perfoms and his team is successful he will get the notice he deserves.

Um, no. Donnie didn't get preseason accolades because SU went 5-6 in 1986. He was, however, spectacular as a college QB and deserved to be in the Heisman discussion. And IMHO should have won...and probably would have won if not for Gordie Lockbaum.
2 way player from Yale as I recall?

Look forward to his progression into next year. Very up and down year this past year. The ups were great, the downs were brutal. Seems like a good kid too.

I take some comfort in how he looked at the end of the year, when he was allowed to make plays with no regard for personal injury. I expect him to be allowed to play wide open again next season since the QB situation behind him looks monumentally better than it did this past season.

Hunt looked like a great qb last year with mediocre at best WRs

i agree it was an up and down year, but i would put more stock in how comfortable he looked the last 3 games.

a lot of people seem to forget just how poor our wr's were. Hunt had very little help. Once talented kids like Estime and AC started to play it's no coincidence Hunt began to improve.
Weirdly... don't forget Eskridge... Actually looked good on the go routes. Hopefully Funderburke's talent starts to take over.

Hunt looked like a great qb last year with mediocre at best WRs
I never thought our recievers were bad, just new schemes and terminology with new coaches and new QB's made it a little disorganized. They all got passed that by the last part of the season and started to click. I think Broyld will make a huge leap this year as he gets used to catching balls at game speed. How great would that be having an upstate guy catching a load of TD's from a QB out of New York Cities Christ The King High School. That could rebuild our downstate recruiting in a hurry.

Boo Hiss! Misguided post with lost of shrapnel and secondary casualties. If you had simply responded to prior posts not only praising Hunt but overhyping him and did it by simply stating that the poster was getting ahead of himself, that would be one thing. To start a separate post with this title, you aren't just bashing the previous thread poster(s). You are bashing Hunt. At the very least, he is a secondary casualty; at most, an intended one. How difficult is it for you to think first about what the player would think if he read your post? He's an amateur athlete and he developed very well during the course of the year. No one knows where the top side of his potential is. I think a Heisman is pretty unlikely. I think best QB in the ACC is unlikely, but who knows once he has top line WRs to work with and an opened up playbook? I think its possible at least. If a fan has an unrealistic expectation of Hunt's potential (none of us knows if he does or not) why would you have to be the jerk to point that out? What's next, a 9 year old says he's gonna be President when he grows up and you respond, "Why stop there, you could be Supreme Ruler of the Universe"?

SUtomcat has a great point re: posters with nuggets of info. It doesn't end there. Simple decorum should dictate to you that your post should not have been written.

Are we talking about in NCAA football or real life?

I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS!!!

image-1907681568.jpg

Wow.

If the crybabies leave on their own, and start now...this will go much easier and quicker than we planned.

If all the people you don't like leave, you'd be talking to yourself.

If all the people you don't like leave, you'd be talking to yourself.
I like 95% of the board, met about 75% of them, like em all.

Would probably like rest upon further review.

Now you....

KaiserUEO said:
I like 95% of the board, met about 75% of them, like em all. Would probably like rest upon further review. Now you...

Not trying to be on the KaiserUEO a-list obviously. Confused trying to square the 95% with your previous post about cry babies and info nugget droppers?

I also find it funny that you were ripping a guy for saying Hunt has a chance at the Heisman when you said he'd be playing strong safety this season. We all say stupid crap from time to time - those who are without sin cast the first stone ...

Not trying to be on the KaiserUEO a-list obviously. Confused trying to square the 95% with your previous post about cry babies and info nugget droppers?

I also find it funny that you were ripping a guy for saying Hunt has a chance at the Heisman when you said he'd be playing strong safety this season. We all say stupid crap from time to time - those who are without sin cast the first stone ...
sometimes the unintelligent and un-silent minority, create a majority of the posts.

as for your second point...which one of us was serious???

and even better, which is more likely to happen?????...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom