How many of you will watch Big East II Games? | Syracusefan.com

How many of you will watch Big East II Games?

Townie72

All American
We're about to all become a lot more expert on the teams, coaches and players in the ACC starting in the Fall because we will all be watching a lot more ACC games even when SU isn't playing in them.

But how many of you will also watch the games of the Big East II (The Catholic 7 plus Xavier and whoever) before you'll watch games of other conferences (B1G, SEC, etc.)?

For me, Big East II will probably be the conference I watch most after the ACC.

1. It's primarily schools and coaches and programs I know something about.

2. It'll be a round robin schedule between relatively evenly matched teams --- just like the original 1980's vintage Big East.

3. The atmosphere at these games will be pretty good. These schools get jazzed about playing one antoher. They see one another as rivals. And the schools are in urban areas where basketball is a big deal. (Basketball is to DC, Phila and NYC and football is to Texas and Alabama)

4. I will still be able to root against Georgetown.

I think this will be a good conference.

I watched part of SDSU vs. Point Loma Nazarene last night.

It's safe to say I would tune in to the occasional PC-DePaul game every now and then.

Agree with all but #3. Number 4 is a given. But back to #3 GTown (35th), Nova (44th), St Johns (54th), PC (63rd), DePaul (67th), Seton Hall (76th) all have serious issues drawing fans. Not to mention that all used to see a large amount of road fans come in from the FB schools. The atmosphere at these places has been dead for 20 years.

It'll be hard to get excited about that temporary league.
Question: Do the Catholic 7 have to pay multi-million dollar exit fees? To whom do they pay them? Can they receive football school exit fees as they pay their own exit fees?

only if theyre ranked.

dont care to watch bullspit games involving unranked teams.

hell, if 1 of dook or unc isnt ranked, i wouldnt watch that. unless an upset was about to happen, then id tune in.

If St. John's goes back to the Redmen I am in.

sjulogo.png

Food for thought (ratings)

New Mexico Bowl 1.4
Indiana vs Butler 1.0

Kinda sad what has happened to college basketball.

Food for thought (ratings)

New Mexico Bowl 1.4
Indiana vs Butler 1.0

Kinda sad what has happened to college basketball.
nothing happened to college hoop. those ratings were probably always the case.

and while both teams were ranked its BUTLER, who gives a flying F about them??

I would watch 2 blind midgets on one leg play in a freaking cage.

Are you freaking kidding me...I will be watching.

My guess is at least Marsh will watch. If there's hardwood, he's got hard wood.

We all get hard wood when we see your avatar. My wife hates me after I've seen your JLH avatar. I become this raging, insatiable hulk monster.

Outside of the ACC, I will probably watch the "C7 and friends" bb games more than any other conference as well.

Although I doubt I will watch the "cellar dweller" games between Providence, Seton Hall, and DePaul.

Cheers,
Neil

If basketball is on, and my wife isnt home, or watching Glee, Ill watch. Normally dont care who it is.

I would watch the C7 before I ever watched the Hodge Podge Sun Beast conference. As Bud Poliquin would say, that smells like some bad fish.

Honestly, once we're ACC I don't see me having much interest in any of the old BE teams. Maybe SJU only because I've always liked them as a NY team. Otherwise, it'll be ACC Network all the time. To this day I can't sit through an entire BiG game. It's like torture. I imagine watching PC- SHU or SMU-Houston will be the same.

only if theyre ranked.

dont care to watch bullspit games involving unranked teams.

hell, if 1 of dook or unc isnt ranked, i wouldnt watch that. unless an upset was about to happen, then id tune in.

Ditto.

Agree with all but #3. Number 4 is a given. But back to #3 GTown (35th), Nova (44th), St Johns (54th), PC (63rd), DePaul (67th), Seton Hall (76th) all have serious issues drawing fans. Not to mention that all used to see a large amount of road fans come in from the FB schools. The atmosphere at these places has been dead for 20 years.
In the late 80's-90's, Seton Hall was getting great crowds at the Brendan Byrne. If Seton Hall could ever come close to being as successful as they were back then, attendance wouldn't be a problem for the Pirates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom