How many people guessed 5-7 at the beginning of the year? | Syracusefan.com

How many people guessed 5-7 at the beginning of the year?

The record is irrelevant - it was padded with patsy wins and included numerous horrible performances. Complete regression over the last half of the season.

The record is irrelevant - it was padded with patsy wins and included numerous horrible performances. Complete regression over the last half of the season.

Mehh 3 good wins... but yeah big time regression.

Fun fact, this was our second best record in football since 2004! :bang:

I'll wager they 5-7, or worse, next season.
We start the season with Northwestern, USC, and Minnesota. If there are no drastic changes on the offensive side of the ball we start the season 0-3.

We start the season with Northwestern, USC, and Minnesota. If there are no drastic changes on the offensive side of the ball we start the season 0-3.

I get USC. Northwestern maybe. But Minnesota?

I don't know if Marrone is the answer, but I do believe we're overreacting. Last year , we get the breaks. This year we're younger and don't. Probably not a coincidence.

Year 4 was always the year for review & criticism. Enough time for system & recruits to develop. Put me on the "let's talk then list". It will likely be our last BE year. Perfect time for change if needed.

(I confess to being influenced by the Mac years and what patience yielded there. We shall see.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yikes...with that schedule, at least as of now, 0-3 looks very possible...all things staying status quo.

I said anywhere between 5-7 & 7-5...
They had a good chance to win a couple of those losses, so I was spot on...

Minny is on the road.

I thought 5-7, 6-6 this year.

I say 4-8, 5-7 next year.

I thought 6-6. Had we won today I would have been surprised by how we got there, but not terribly so. So I am a little disappointed in the season, and look forward to some offseason moves.

I always thought 6-6 was a good probability, although I'm always an optimist at the beginning of the season and had expected 7-5. 5-7 was always a possibility in my mind, so the record it self is not at all shocking. The fact is, however, this team looked a lot uglier than a 5-7 record indicates. We could just as easily been 3-9.

I get USC. Northwestern maybe. But Minnesota?

I don't know if Marrone is the answer, but I do believe we're overreacting. Last year , we get the breaks. This year we're younger and don't. Probably not a coincidence.

Year 4 was always the year for review & criticism. Enough time for system & recruits to develop. Put me on the "let's talk then list". It will likely be our last BE year. Perfect time for change if needed.

(I confess to being influenced by the Mac years and what patience yielded there. We shall see.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if we are overreacting. If we look at the way team played whole year, it is a huge concern. Blow out loss(no chance) vs. USC. Overmatched losses (not blowout, but clearly out talented) vs. Cincinatti, USF and Louisville. Self destructed losses vs. Rutgers, Pitt, and UConn. Lucky wins vs. WF and Toledo. You call this a win? vs. URI and Tulane. one great win vs. WVU. Plus, recruting ranked last in the Big East (yes, Big East. How would we rank in ACC or Pac 12?). No young players who seems like a potential game breaker... And this is YEAR 3 of Coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom