How many years are fans willing to give JB to turn this around? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

How many years are fans willing to give JB to turn this around?

Would JB have switched to m2m like he did against Kansas in 2008 anymore?

Last year against Boston College we should have switched out of the zone as BC was torching it. We didn't and got smacked.

St. John's has carved it up 2 years in a row. Have we switched?

That is the stuff I am talking about.

JB won't switch anymore even if the zone is being dismantled.

I am okay being a 95% zone team anyway my frustration has been on the offense. The halfcourt sets we do aren't that good at getting the team buckets. We rely on ISO ball and jump shots. We don't scheme for the offense.

Our personnel issues on the court last year were horrid for the first part of the year, zone was the least of it.

If JB didn't play and combo of Lydon, White out of position, too much court time to DeJaun, too little for the Pirate, too much Howard and the flu to Battle we probably get 4 more regular season wins and it's a whole different story.

Our personnel issues on the court last year were horrid for the first part of the year, zone was the least of it.

If JB didn't play and combo of Lydon, White out of position, too much court time to DeJaun, too little for the Pirate, too much Howard and the flu to Battle we probably get 4 more regular season wins and it's a whole different story.

Your point about playing guys out of position, in roles that they were ill-suited for, and as a result sporting a highly non-complimentary lineup is a point that can't be overstated.

I wonder how many more wins we might have gotten OOC if we'd gone with the optimized lineup from the jump. In a year when we were literally one win away from the NCAA tournament and the narrative being different about last season, the round peg / square hole experiment was costly.

Would JB have switched to m2m like he did against Kansas in 2008 anymore?

Last year against Boston College we should have switched out of the zone as BC was torching it. We didn't and got smacked.

St. John's has carved it up 2 years in a row. Have we switched?

That is the stuff I am talking about.

JB won't switch anymore even if the zone is being dismantled.

I am okay being a 95% zone team anyway my frustration has been on the offense. The halfcourt sets we do aren't that good at getting the team buckets. We rely on ISO ball and jump shots. We don't scheme for the offense.
More likely scenario is an increase in full court press, imo...
Excluding Tyus, I don't think we have anyone that will warrant 35mins/gm, so if JB has to change things up, he may just opt for a kamikaze full court press instead of m2m...

When have I ever said my opinion matters or has any more weight than anyone else's?

If our 2013 offense was just slightly above average that team cuts down the NC nets.
This team has struggled in the halfcourt for 4-5 years outside of last year because Andrew White made an insane amount of tough shots.

Indeed. Without Andrew White last year we would have been toast. Andrew is second only to Melo in PPG and yet remains unheralded at SU.

Come on, don't be like that. The reason sports message boards exist is to discuss/debate topics exactly like this. It's part of the entertainment of sports fanhood.
It's hardly entertaining to read the same thought over and over. There is no debate accomplished there.

This board is a great asset to the program and those who support it. Having said that, it becomes tiresome to hear an opinion stated over and over as if we didn't understand the opinion the first time.

Your point about playing guys out of position, in roles that they were ill-suited for, and as a result sporting a highly non-complimentary lineup is a point that can't be overstated.

I wonder how many more wins we might have gotten OOC if we'd gone with the optimized lineup from the jump. In a year when we were literally one win away from the NCAA tournament and the narrative being different about last season, the round peg / square hole experiment was costly.
Combine all that with a switch in head coach from JB to Hop for that period of unrest and we got what we did.

Yup. Zone was alright and/or teams were inept against it in some of those early season losses. Good enough to win the GTown, UConn, and maybe even South Carolina games if the offense wasn't so horrendous then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom