How much does Syracuse spend on each sport? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

How much does Syracuse spend on each sport?

Jeez people having a public policy that colleges which are nonprofit tax organizations should create equal opportunities for collegiate sports is a good policy.
It helps society.

The equal pay for soccer has been completely reported with bias.

Colleges should have scholarships that aren’t bias against one gender. Outside of football and basketball all the other men’s and women’s sports lose money.

The women’s soccer team equal pay argument completely ignores facts and is spun to make a bullchit social justice play. You get paid what you negotiate and what you negotiate is based on the economics of what you bring in.
If one group is bringing in more revenue they get paid more. The women’s team because their sport doesn’t bring in the same revenue from their World Cup don’t get the same bonuses theoretically because their tournament brings in less. The men don’t get salaries guaranteed either. They get a per game payment the women have stipiends and other salaries guaranteed. The women should get the same travel as the men and the same training conditions.
It’s so intellectually dishonest beyond that.

More valuable? Well there's an understatement if there was ever one.

The Men's World Cup generates 77 times more revenue. That's 7700%.

As a percentage of the gross, the women are significantly overpaid.
In the US market. In the US market. The women's team is more valuable than the men's team.

In the US market. In the US market. The women's team is more valuable than the men's team.
USWNT average attendance declines 22% in 2018 - World Soccer Talk

Women’s team played 18 home matches 253,151 people attended an average of 14,064 in WCQ year.

USMNT average attendance for 2018 worst since 2006 - World Soccer Talk

Men played 7 home matches 169,141 people attended an average of 24,183.
These don’t include the Mexican and Brazilian fans in the crowd.

The women's team plays more home games each year. The men's team gets almost double the average attendance and those attendance figures for the men's team don't include the fans for the other team we played.

The women's team over 4 years doesn't bring in more revenue than the men's team over 4 years. When the numbers are cherry picked over 3 years they can be skewed. The USWNT is not bringing in more revenue for the USSF than the USMNT.

Since it's a World Tournament, the minuscule US market seems to hardly matter.

Amazing that Americans actually can't seem to get their heads around the fact they are the tip of the tail and not the dog when it comes to football.

Political correctness run amok. It's sad seeing how easily offended people are.

People in the rest of the World get how rich the US is. They know how powerful we are militarily.

So it's not such a bad idea to exercise some restraint in front of them to not appear to be total *&%$#@'s.

Since it's a World Tournament, the minuscule US market seems to hardly matter.

Amazing that Americans actually can't seem to get their heads around the fact they are the tip of the tail and not the dog when it comes to football.
1.) The women have higher TV ratings in the US than the men. If the men could make it to the World Cup tournament, that might change.
2.) The women sell more gear. Again. winning helps.
3.) The women have more recognizable players, as in Q score. Which leads to more money.

In the US (not the world), the women's team rules.

1.) The women have higher TV ratings in the US than the men. If the men could make it to the World Cup tournament, that might change.
3.) The women have more recognizable players, as in Q score. Which leads to more money.

You are dreaming. A month from now and very few people will remember who Rapinoe is or care about the USWT. It's a curiosity. A momentary fad and not a sea change in people's attitudes or interests.

We have been hearing about the growth of soccer in the US for decades and it never happens.

Round of 16 Men’s World Cup 2014
USA vs. Belgium had 16.4 viewers on ESPN.

World Cup Final Women’s World Cup 2019.
USA vs. Netherlands had 14.2 million viewers on Fox.

Stop with this false crap. The women are damn successful but they don’t generate more revenue than the men’s team.

You are dreaming. A month from now and very few people will remember who Rapinoe is or care about the USWT. It's a curiosity. A momentary fad and not a sea change in people's attitudes or interests.

We have been hearing about the growth of soccer in the US for decades and it never happens.
Rapinoe is known nationally.
Probably Carly Lloyd and Alex Morgan are as well but the rest of the team isn’t known in the sports world.
I know Zack Ertz’s wife is on the team but I wouldn’t know her if she walked by me.

The men’s team is not as successful and nobody in the country outside of diehards would know who Christian Pulisic is.

Landon Donovan after the 2010 WC goal against Algeria did get a little national run but he isn’t as big as Rapinoe.

Rapinoe is known nationally.
Probably Carly Lloyd and Alex Morgan are as well but the rest of the team isn’t known in the sports world.
I know Zack Ertz’s wife is on the team but I wouldn’t know her if she walked by me.

The men’s team is not as successful and nobody in the country outside of diehards would know who Christian Pulisic is.

Landon Donovan after the 2010 WC goal against Algeria did get a little national run but he isn’t as big as Rapinoe.

What I know about Rapinoe is she's an outspoken Lesbian, who doesn't like Trump. Those two qualities alone get her almost unlimited coverage in the mainstream media.

Let's see where we are in December. Remember the World Cup happens once every four years.

Pulisic is actually known in the real football world (Europe and SA)

What I know about Rapinoe is she's an outspoken Lesbian, who doesn't like Trump. Those two qualities alone get her almost unlimited coverage in the mainstream media.

Let's see where we are in December. Remember the World Cup happens once every four years.

Rapinoe has been a stud on the national team going back to 2011 when she setup a spectacular goal against Brazil in extra time and helped the US comeback.
They lost to Japan in that WC but Rapinoe has been a great player for a long time.
She won the gold boot for top scorer in this WC and gold ball for MVP of the tournament.
She is great.
Just like Morgan and Lloyd.
The whole team is spectacular but I don’t know them like I do the top players.

You ought to track down the speech she made after the NYC ticker-tape parade.

You ought to track down the speech she made after the NYC ticker-tape parade.

Not interested. I'm guessing she did a lot of backtracking and re-packaging of here original utterances.

She apparently didn't learn much from the mis-adventures of Colin Kaepernick.

To me she's controversial on purpose and the news media are going to eat that up and she knows that.

Not interested. I'm guessing she did a lot of backtracking and re-packaging of here original utterances.

She apparently didn't learn much from the mis-adventures of Colin Kaepernick.

To me she's controversial on purpose and the news media are going to eat that up and she knows that.
How to keep an open mind.

I have two daughters and two sisters all accomplished individuals. Equality to them is based on equal opportunity. Most professionals understand that market conditions drive compensation not gender. In the work place compensation should be based on the job not the gender. In sales it is usually revenue/commission based and tends to be gender less.
Musicians, Artist, Actors, Models, Spokespeople, and yes Athletes are compensated based on the value of the sports team/league they play for and their individual worth based on the position they play and their individual market value. It doesn't and shouldn't have anything to do with Gender.

Take fashion as an example. Women make way more money on a whole then men as models. Why? Because the market they represent ( womens products) is larger than men. Gender equality should be about opportunity. Compensation should be about market conditions and value.

They should put in a floor (even for both) and then escalations based on what you bring in (all revenue - even WC tourney revenue). If the women make more under that scheme, then they’re right. If they make the same then US soccer is right. If they make less vs the men, then they were very wrong.

They should, however, fly in the same planes, and they should see per game advertisement based on average gate over the last 4 years (rolling average - 4 years because that’s how frequent the tournies are).

The other issue that I’ve heard is different quality stadiums/playing surfaces. I have no idea how to quantify that metric, but it should be based on average per game attendance over a 4 year span (more fans would justify/necessitate a better, bigger stadium).

Then practice facilities should be the same, but I’m not sure that they’re not.

I haven’t seen their finances, and I doubt anyone here has in detail, but my guys’d is that the men make more money after WC tourney revenues, and my guess is that the women and men are pretty close in other revenues over the last 4 years.

Is the revenue game enough to justify tangibly higher wages? I have no idea.

What I was trying to get across was having all of D-1A reduced to that number of scholarships not what amounts to "unilateral disarmament" by School X through reducing to 70 (just to throw out a number) while everyone else is still at 85. P5, G5, everyone else, it doesn't matter; the max number of scholarships for the entirety of D-1A is reduced from the 85 it is now.
You’re wrong. High scholarship counts favor big schools. Small scholarship counts favor the UConns of the world.

But again, that interpretation is not how I interpreted the OP, so it’s a moot point.