How much trouble are we in as a program going forward? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How much trouble are we in as a program going forward?

Green not coming was monumental - we cannot put Howard on the court next year - the world laughs at BC for going winless in conference - BC has always been horrible - we a are a powerhouse - and we are about to go 0-36 and that's the cold truth
So "the cold truth" is that this team is destined to lose its next 35 ACC games? Come on, man, get a grip if you want to be taken seriously.

So "the cold truth" is that this team is destined to lose its next 35 ACC games? Come on, man, get a grip if you want to be taken seriously.

If we can't even compete with a Bc team that hasn't won a conference game in over a year, what does the future hold?

If we can't even compete with a Bc team that hasn't won a conference game in over a year, what does the future hold?

We have three future NBA players on our roster IMO. If we can fill guys in around them we should be fine next year.

I know you tend to be a gloom and doom guy, but extrapolating what we've seen lately to consecutive winless conference seasons is pretty far out there.

I know you tend to be a gloom and doom guy, but extrapolating what we've seen lately to consecutive winless conference seasons is pretty far out there.

I don't tend to be that gloom and doom, but I just don't see how even the biggest pie in the sky guy could muster up optimism with this team.

We have three future NBA players on our roster IMO. If we can fill guys in around them we should be fine next year.

At this stage, I don't see who we're getting to fill around them.

Losing out on Green was huge because everyone knows we need a good PG in the worst way. Without one next year, we'll struggle again.

Green wasn't John Wall or Jay Williams though. Highly ranked but we have missed on better. We clearly misjudged some guys and lost on a few others, and quite frankly haven't developed a few others. I also think our S&C program needs to be looked at. Lydon is less explosive and slower - tweaked ankle or not. Frank is less athletic too or at least seems it in our new extended view. I think we will be fine because we only need to land one stud and we are back, but for anyone to say they aren't concerned with the direction of the program....I don't see it.

I MISS Cooney! And I never thought I would say that in this lifetime...
There were plenty of "good riddance to Cooney/Gbinije" threads and posts as I recall...

This is a fair question -- right now there is no reason to sugar coat anything -- things look bleak now and going forward. There is no backcourt to speak of, no guaranty that any returning guys improve or get to the level people think they will get to, and you have an inevitable coaching transition. Coupled with the complete miss of the 2017 recruiting class as well as the results we see this year (with what was supposed to be a team "loaded with talent"), I don't really see much of a light at the end of the tunnel right now. Plus we play in the ACC -- every team has talent, every game will be difficult. Honestly the ACC has not been kind to us so far and I don't see some kind of inevitable change to that right now.

We simply have not experienced what we are seeing and I think it's difficult for people to process.

Green not coming was monumental - we cannot put Howard on the court next year - the world laughs at BC for going winless in conference - BC has always been horrible - we a are a powerhouse - and we are about to go 0-36 and that's the cold truth
Stupid statement of the day.

Ennis plays for the Rockets as well. If you combine his stats with Harden's last night, you have 53 points, 17 assists and 16 rebounds.

Would love to have him as a senior here right now, everything would look a lot different for us if we did...but the 1st round pick checks are clearing for him

We were bad 2 years ago - we were average last year - with 2 fringe NBA players in Richardson and G - we may well go winless in conference this year - we are set up to be worse next year - far worse - our guards are young but they are terrible - Howard and Battle have no future at this level - the only player we currently have that has any chance of making a carreer playing professionally in Thompson - please stop with the Lydon crap - he is molasses slow and would get his ass kicked by Justin Beiber - so how do we get out of the hole we are in? we need a huge 2018 class and hope to restart in 2019? that's the only path I see right now

Good assessment, not sure what lydons position is in the league , a slow, non attletic, 6'9" player. They call him a stretch 4, but really? You need a 20 ft. Game for that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom