How OT Carlos Vettorello earned chance to start at Liberty | Syracusefan.com

How OT Carlos Vettorello earned chance to start at Liberty

This is great.

Kid’s learning from the 2 best DE’s in the ACC, if not the country.
Ain’t nothing he’s ever gonna see on game day that’ll be worse.

If he gets beaten out later this year, then he’s still getting amazing experience, and be a lock to start the next 3 years.

This is how you build talented depth.

It would be nice going forward into the next few seasons if he can hold on to the job this year. Alexander didn’t even make 1st or 2nd team in a weak conference. Lets go Carlos.

He definitely wasn’t a fall back. Syracuse offered him a year before signing day and he had 10x the offers of any our lineman except for QWhite.
That's great to know. I recall it feeling like a consolation prize though.

Doesn't it seem like it may be a make or brake type of thing when you have a young linemen go against somebody like Coleman? Making steel or plastic and it seems like Carlos is a steel guy.

That's great to know. I recall it feeling like a consolation prize though.

He did officially visit the weekend after Sampson but I think that was always planned b/c he had unofficially visited in November prior to his Dec visit. The timing of things I think was just coincidental. His recruitment from what I remember was very under the radar though and we were on the outside looking in. In July of that year his top6 didn't even include Syracuse. It was like Pitt, BC, Oregon St, Kentucky, Iowa St and someone else.

Kid had started every game for Detroit Jesuit since his sophomore season. 2x All-State and All-Detroit. He was pretty highly regarded. If the reports were right he ended up having offers from Iowa, Iowa St, Pittsburgh, BC, Minnesota, Kentucky, Indiana, Vandy, Oregon St, Purdue, Illinois. Way more P5 offers than Sampson had...ended up being a great consolation prize ;-)

Detroit News All-Detroit Football Team

I don’t care how many stars these guys have after entering the program. I respect and admire a kid like Carlos who puts in the hard work to get into the starting lineup. His modesty of getting beat up by Coleman and others during the off season and now, will make him a great player. If he can hold his own against Coleman and Robinson, watch out...

My key in all this is Coleman helping the kid out any way he can. Love that. Beat his damn ass and show him what went wrong. That’s a captain/teammate u cherish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom