Howard bashing... | Syracusefan.com

Howard bashing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

newmexicuse

All Conference
I am seeing a lot of it in various threads. Frank was a huge part of this tournament run. It is our D up top that is particularly tough. Well who does everybody think plays next to Ty ??

So, the kid could have shot better. He had 8 boards and 5 assists. That shows heart and effort. Maybe, he felt his shot was off, so he didn't force things & only took six.

Our O was efficient tonight - we shot 49%. We had strong entry passes to the high post, we had some effective lobs. Who do you think had a big part in orchestrating all of that ?

people complain about a few stray lobs - Frank only had three of sixteen TOs.

Personally, I think too many TOs was the big deciding factor, but that wasn't any more on Frank than it was on the team as a whole.

Some posters here need to grow up and appreciate what a remarkable post-season turn-around we had with an undermanned, under talented squad.

I am seeing a lot of it in various threads. Frank was a huge part of this tournament run. It is our D up top that is particularly tough. Well who does everybody think plays next to Ty ??

So, the kid could have shot better. He had 8 boards and 5 assists. That shows heart and effort. Maybe, he felt his shot was off, so he didn't force things & only took six.

Our O was efficient tonight - we shot 49%. We had strong entry passes to the high post, we had some effective lobs. Who do you think had a big part in orchestrating all of that ?

Personally, I think too many TOs was the big deciding factor, but that wasn't any more on Frank than it was on the team as a whole.

Some posters here need to grow up and appreciate what a remarkable post-season turn-around we had with an undermanned, under talented squad.
I think everybody is grown up. I think some ppl see the game different. I thought frank was pleasantly surprising during the season overall but had a bad tourney. Could blame it on the strep throat last week but overall I think he didn’t have a major positive impact on the tourney.

I think everybody is grown up. I think some ppl see the game different. I thought frank was pleasantly surprising during the season overall but had a bad tourney. Could blame it on the strep throat last week but overall I think he didn’t have a major positive impact on the tourney.

He was the reason we were even in the Michigan State game when he fouled out.

Syracuse's major impact on this tourney was our tough D. You really think frank wasn't a major, major contributor to that ?

Howard was not the problem tonight. Howard was not the problem this season. Anybody who disagrees, please reply to this and let me know you think he was our issue. That way, I'll know whose opinion is absolute garbage because they don't understand basketball.

im not gonna say anything other than he cannot be the starting pg next year.
I think Frank has the skill and ability to be a good player for us next year, but I think he would be better situated playing the 2 spot and slide to point if necessary. I had a coach growing up who always told us to always "know the time, the score, and the situation." Frank seems to struggle with this aspect making poor decisions (bad passes, fouls, bad shots) and as a point guard you are the leader and cannot make these mistakes. He also seems to be at his worst during big games and situations. A lot can happen but I feel like by the end of next season we are going to be a serious contender if someone steps up and becomes a true floor general.

Syracuse's major impact on this tourney was our tough D. You really think frank wasn't a major, major contributor to that ?
He didn’t play for 25% of the Michigan state game and this game he left Allen wide open at the top of the zone like 7 times. They just didn’t nail the threes. I get you aren’t supposed to talk poorly. I just hope they have another option next year

I think Frank is talented and has the skill and ability to be a good player for us next year, but I think he would be better situated playing the 2 spot and slide to point if necessary. I had a coach growing up who always told us to always "know the time, the score, and the situation." Frank seems to struggle with this aspect making poor decisions (bad passes, fouls, bad shots) and as a point guard you are the leader and cannot make these mistakes. He also seems to be at his worst during big games and situations. A lot can happen but I feel like by the end of next season we are going to be a serious contender if someone steps up and becomes a true floor general.

Duke was 5/26 from 3. Like JB said, it was our defense although some people will try to say they were just off. Just like MSU. Why are great shooting teams off vs us? Defense. Franks a big part of that.

You nailed everything. Same things I said in another thread. He didn't force shots. He led the team in rebounds with 8. Ler with 5 assts. Only 3 turnovers of our 16, which were all bad lobs.

Howard was not the problem tonight. Howard was not the problem this season. Anybody who disagrees, please reply to this and let me know you think he was our issue. That way, I'll know whose opinion is absolute garbage because they don't understand basketball.
You being the same guy who wrote a season over thread at half time? That was the absolute biggest trash post of the night.

He didn’t play for 25% of the Michigan state game and this game he left Allen wide open at the top of the zone like 7 times. They just didn’t nail the threes. I get you aren’t supposed to talk poorly. I just hope they have another option next year

Did we leave allen alone in certain spots being more concerned with the entry pass and letting him shoot?

I like Frank's size, I like how he has progressed with his shot but he can't play PG next season. Unless Carey goes all Caleb Joseph on us then start the freshman. Turnovers happen then there's Frank's turnovers.

I ask this as a serious question. Is it possible he got a mild concussion? He took a hard Bagley elbow to the back of the head on a rebound early in the first half and looked a little wobbly for about 30 seconds. He was holding his head for a little while and looked out of it.

I'm a Frank fan and hope he tightens up his handle over the off season - he could continue improving and be the senior leader on a stacked team next year.

You being the same guy who wrote a season over thread at half time? That was the absolute biggest trash post of the night.

Yeah, but no. So you have a bad point, how do you respond?

Duke was 5/26 from 3. Like JB said, it was our defense although some people will try to say they were just off. Just like MSU. Why are great shooting teams off vs us? Defense. Franks a big part of that.

You nailed everything. Same things I said in another thread. He didn't force shots. He led the team in rebounds with 8. Ler with 5 assts. Only 3 turnovers of our 16, which were all bad lobs.

you think they were 5-26 from 3 cuz frank was playing great d????? frank couldnt be bothered to contest a bunch of those, duke had plenty of open looks. just cuz they missed doesnt mean it was great d.

ive said it all year, frank treats every game like its colgate in november. or a midnite madness scrimmage. another poster nailed it, he has this combination of a cocky and lazy attitude

Bees hits this head on with the "Why are great shooting teams off vs us? Defense. Franks a big part of that" quote. Another thing that should be pointed out is that if you thought Dolezaj was the key in the middle of the zone offensively, go back and look at how may of those entry passes to Marek came from someone other than Frank. I'm not going to say Frank is perfect, but he's unbelievably under appreciated with this fan base. I'm going to go draw a line in the sand and remember that although I would have wanted Quade Green more than Frank coming into this year, I don't think I would say the same for this year looking backwards.

Another point expanding on Bee's comment about defense is that if this same team returns next year with added depth, you can keep that same length and add in the press that worked so well in the non conference season prior to depth becoming an issue.

you think they were 5-26 from 3 cuz frank was playing great d????? frank couldnt be bothered to contest a bunch of those, duke had plenty of open looks. just cuz they missed doesnt mean it was great d.

ive said it all year, frank treats every game like its colgate in november. or a midnite madness scrimmage. another poster nailed it, he has this combination of a cocky and lazy attitude

I said the team played great dee which franks was a part of. and the looks we gave allen, how do you know that wasn't the intent trying to avoid other things?

Players make a lower % of their shots because they maybe are rushing just a little bit, maybe they are shooting from a foot further back, maybe they are not shooting from their favorite angle. These are nuances. This is why the Zone works. That is why FOUR straight opponents shot poorly against us in the tournament. Frank contributes as much to those nuances as does anybody else on this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom