Howard Washington | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Howard Washington

I don't think Hughes is going to be the 3 point shooter that some people are expecting. I think when people zone us, Buddy is going to be on the floor. I believe he will probably be our best shooter, like almost certainly.

Good Lord, can we please just stop. I'm sure Buddy will be fine, but to expect a freshman to come in and be the best shooter seems just about ridiculous to me. Can't we all just wait for him to actually play a minute or two of actual high level college hoops before we declare this guy will be the best this, or that guy will be the best that?

I need a break from all of this.

Howard Washington has a marvelous opportunity this year.

He could muster a performance like this guy's second freshman year: Mookie Jones

But we always seem to forget how rare it is for a Syracuse player to shoot over 36%. That's excellent, and I'm not expecting excellence from someone who's never played college basketball against college basketball players. Especially when he's got a bunch of talent ahead of him. Shooters need consistent minutes to shoot well. Mookie's the exception.
Yup, it's like when people say a big man should average ten rebounds a game. It's really hard to average that. We've had a small group of guys do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom