Howard Washington | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Howard Washington

When they showed him on the bench in last night's OSU game, he seemed positive and into it. That's good to see. Hopefully it's because he is very supportive of the team despite little/no PT. He did a few good things last year before getting hurt, ashame he can't get some PT to see what he can really do, even if he is behind the other guards.

I think he could’ve gotten a couple of minutes here and there but probably best to move on. He’s not a guard that could start for Buffalo though, IMO. Completely different type of player from their guards who get up in you, play with swag/bounce, etc. He’s been a good dude so wish him well.

wouldn't be surprising if true - he's been and will continue to be recruited over

edit: which is not to say I'm in favor of it, or don't believe he's capable of cracking the rotation at some point
I think he should remain patient and redshirt this season. He could get real playing time as a junior and senior.

I think he should remain patient and redshirt this season. He could get real playing time as a junior and senior.
Unless he gets injured, he can't redshirt.

i luv the kids like matt and howard that bleed orange. it is always a sad epiphany to realize that they really are not good enough to make our rotation and would not be likely to get there even as upperclassmen.

matt, at least, had a real opportunity. howards injury killed any chance he might have had.

if he does in fact leave, only the best to his future.

I wish him well and think it is in his best interest. Playing time here is always going to be dependent on others for him, and that is not a spot anyone wants to be in I'm sure.

Love Howard Washington and his calm presence on the court. Has great vision, doesn't turn the ball over and has a really good shot. I would not like to see him go.

frank was doghoused for 2 seasons and publicly berated by JB . many said transfer. he's still here.

Not surprising. Howard was out there waiting and waiting for an offer from SU, and clearly let it be known how much he loved the Orange and wanted to play for them...but nothing came. It wasn't until we basically struck out on several other of our primary recruiting targets and found ourselves in a relatively desperate situation for another guard/and bodies when we finally offered. It's apparent JB doesn't think much of him from a basketball standpoint, and will continue to recruit as if he's not even on the team. But, it's big time college hoops...he needs to move on.

Not surprising. Howard was out there waiting and waiting for an offer from SU, and clearly let it be known how much he loved the Orange and wanted to play for them...but nothing came. It wasn't until we basically struck out on several other of our primary recruiting targets and found ourselves in a relatively desperate situation for another guard/and bodies when we finally offered. It's apparent JB doesn't think much of him from a basketball standpoint, and will continue to recruit as if he's not even on the team. But, it's big time college hoops...he needs to move on.

Hate to say it as he seems like a good kid that loves SU, but I pretty much agree. Would be nice to keep him for depth but not sure he would be much more than that. At this level, it's not everyone gets to play.

idk ... he'll be competing with carey, goodine & jgiii next year and (hopefully) symir his senior season. looks daunting to me
Look, I haven’t been all that impressed with him yet. I’m skeptical. He doesn’t have high level athleticism, but he has decent PG and passing instincts already and a solid jumper. If he had redshirted this season (can’t he still do that if he doesn’t play too many games?), I believe he could be a solid backup point guard as a junior and senior to Goodine and then maybe split time with Symir or JG3. Not every kid is meant for stardom. Nothing wrong with being a solid 7th or 8th man. If he transfers, it’s not like he’s going to be a huge star elsewhere. Yes, I guess he could get starters minutes at a lower level school and that might be more appealing.

If he wants to get minutes in his college basketball career, he needs to transfer. Feel bad that he wanted to be at Syracuse and can't get on the floor, but if he wants to play his best interest is to leave.

My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl who saw Howard Washington pout at the end of the bench last night.
I guess it’s pretty serious.
I think we might have a mutual friend.

"My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl who saw Howard Washington pout at the end of the bench last night.
I guess it’s pretty serious."

that was me and julio down by the schoolyard

If im HW, i redshirt. Then i see if i get time next year. If not, id try to graduate early and be a grad transfer somewhere with two years to play. Itd take some patience but thatd be my suggestion.

I think if we really work Akok harder, he might come.
I hope that both Akoks use their heads when making this decision and they dont do anything prematurely.

If im HW, i redshirt. Then i see if i get time next year. If not, id try to graduate early and be a grad transfer somewhere with two years to play. Itd take some patience but thatd be my suggestion.

Too late to redshirt this year unless he can justify a medical redshirt. Only football has the 4 game rule

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom