Howard | Syracusefan.com

Howard

realorange

Living Legend
The fact he has had health problems for the last 2-3 weeks is a little concerning. Supposedly he will know something definite this week, but does anyone have any idea what the issue might be?

I'm no doctor, but the fact that he provided a blood sample is what concerns me the most.

Mono was my first thought when I heard this the other day. But you would seriously think they had looked at mono as soon as it went past a week. Hoping it is nothing more serious than that. I had mono my senior year in December, and my son who is 29 had mono last December-March. So this is the peak season.

The fact he has had health problems for the last 2-3 weeks is a little concerning. Supposedly he will know something definite this week, but does anyone have any idea what the issue might be?

I was at the Texas Southern game, and the one thing that stood out to me, besides the cavernous lane this version of the zone allows, was that Frank Howard did not hustle back on D, and gave up a few layups as a result. This illness certainly explains why he might have had trouble doing that. Get well Frankie.

Mono was my first thought when I heard this the other day. But you would seriously think they had looked at mono as soon as it went past a week. Hoping it is nothing more serious than that. I had mono my senior year in December, and my son who is 29 had mono last December-March. So this is the peak season.
Didn't Grant have mono his freshman year? If I remember correctly he was out of the lineup for close to 4-5 weeks.

Mono was my first thought when I heard this the other day. But you would seriously think they had looked at mono as soon as it went past a week.

He didn't miss any action until this weekend. It's possible that he has been feeling crummy, but didn't bother to tell anyone.

He didn't miss any action until this weekend. It's possible that he has been feeling crummy, but didn't bother to tell anyone.
Athletes just try to keep going. My brother was sent home by his college his 2nd semester because of mono. They called my parents and said come get him, or he is going to the hospital.

Mono? Freshman, lots of stress, etc.
Hope this isn't it, but it's the first thing that occurred to me, too. I had mono my first semester of college. I wouldn't have been able to hustle back to defend the cafeteria staff, let alone high Div. 1 athletes.

Hope he recovers quickly, whatever it may be.

im just glad its not discipline. he inexplicably did not get a minute in a recent game. when he was out v miami, i thought maybe it was for a rules violation. hopefully, he heals up soon.

im just glad its not discipline. he inexplicably did not get a minute in a recent game. when he was out v miami, i thought maybe it was for a rules violation. hopefully, he heals up soon.

It was clearly reported that he was out due to illness 30 minutes before tip off.

It was even posted at the beginning of the game thread

It was clearly reported that he was out due to illness 30 minutes before tip off.

It was even posted at the beginning of the game thread

well, you've exposed me as someone who doesnt always believe the media.

No. With lupus you would have no idea of when the current attack would be over. It would not be one or two weeks. I know several people with lupus, and you never fully get it under control or you have periods of remission. As a matter of fact one of my friends sister passed away from it. Also it is auto immune, like my son's ( and Dan Johnson's) crohn's. I really doubt that is what this is.
Either way we could speculate forever, but he says it should take a week or two for him to get his strength back etc. He seems to feel he will be back soon at full speed...

How do you go straight to Lupus? That's a heck of a jump there dude with no evidence to support it.

Yeah, lets tone it down a bit...say, Lyme Disease? Nasty little deer ticks are spreading everywhere. Some symptoms are fatigue, weakness and generally just feeling like crap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom