Hows the dome looking capacity wise... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hows the dome looking capacity wise...

The true question is why go? Only blind fandome gets people there. Good for them, and those of you here that went. SU has very few total fans. At Syracuse, most people are sports consumers. You need a winning team, which plays exciting offense, OR a huge name opponent, to draw people to the Dome. That's it. Simply going to support SU for SU's sake is not enough.
Totally agree. We have about 25k hardcore fans and we need to be winning for the rest of the community to come out to an event.

I'm sure at some point we'll hear that attendance was affected by Festa Italiana.

When the wins start coming, you will see that SU basketball fans get on board along with the casual fan and start to attend the football games and the dome will be filled. Clempsum should be a fun environment, can't wait.

It seems that it has to have an out of the ordinary event feel for some fans to go, not sure why. I can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday personally.

They need to do something about the wands and search when entering the dome. I understand the need for searching with Boston Marathon and an unfortunate part of life today but they need to add more staff to make it more efficient. It took forever to get in with 33k. Imagine what it will be like for Clemson.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, like not do it at all.

It's pure theatre. Everyone around me was getting a hit with the wands and the staff was waving everyone through. Just a waste of time and resources.

was the wanding worse that what happens at nfl games or other arenas? not from the people i talked to who went to the bills game last week

I got in pretty quickly, but entered at gate C where the crowds were the smallest. It took about 2 minutes once I got in line, then again I almost missed opening kickoff. The crowd looked around 26k, but I agree that the student section was very solid. I watched the USC/Vandy game and SC's student section partially departed by halftime.
I actually enjoyed the live DJ and thought the scratching (is that what they call it?) and music got a lot of the crowd into it.

was the wanding worse that what happens at nfl games or other arenas? not from the people i talked to who went to the bills game last week

I am in favor of doing it, just more efficiently and with more staff to make it go faster. It would also be helpful if fans would show up earlier to games...what am I thinking this is Syracuse.

Embarrassing crowd, but we still got after it. Good, rhythm-building win.

Coach Scott Shafer ‏@Coach_Shafer 1h
Thanks to the true hard-nosed SU fans at the Dome for supporting the program yesterday.

When the wins start coming, you will see that SU basketball fans get on board along with the casual fan and start to attend the football games and the dome will be filled. Clempsum should be a fun environment, can't wait.

It seems that it has to have an out of the ordinary event feel for some fans to go, not sure why. I can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday personally.
I love to golf on Saturdays and Sundays in the fall because all the football fanatics are doing what they love. The courses are generally empty

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom