huge game for tourny resume | Syracusefan.com

huge game for tourny resume

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
assuming we go around .500 in acc play tonite is 1 of those must win non conference games. i got kansas as an automatic L so this is a game we gotta have, especially at home. last year we played well enough in acc to get in, but we missed the tourny cuz we lost every meaningful non-conference game (south carolina, uconn, gtown, st johns). i think we'll beat uconn at msg, not sure about gtown on the road, but if we can at least go 2-2 against maryland, kansas, uconn, gtown (and obviously not lose to any cupcakes) and go 9-9 or 10-8 in acc we should get in.

I mean I'd argue the neutral/away ucon/gtown games are actually more important resume wise... like you say, it would be very much in the team's best interest to go 2-2 for the UM/Kansas/ucon/gtown games

between Maryland, Kansas, UCONN, Hoyas and bonnies at home have to be no worse than 3-2, if we lost 2, that would put our non conference at 11-2. anything worse than 11-2 is not good news. The ACC is tough, we cant afford any mishaps like last year in the non conference schedule

between Maryland, Kansas, UCONN, Hoyas and bonnies at home have to be no worse than 3-2, if we lost 2, that would put our non conference at 11-2. anything worse than 11-2 is not good news. The ACC is tough, we cant afford any mishaps like last year in the non conference schedule
generally agree, tho depends on which teams we beat/lose to in that 11-2 or 10-3

I'm assuming a lose to KU. I think we need to beat Yukon, Maryland and G-Town or at least take 2 of 3 and beat the bonnies or we are in some trouble.

We haven't had an out of conference win against a power program since Gonzaga in the Sweet 16. This is a huge game for us.
put that streak in the dustbin!

We haven't had an out of conference win against a power program since Gonzaga in the Sweet 16. This is a huge game for us.
Agree. I was really hoping they'd pull this one out. It sure turned into a bit of a nailbiter with Huerter just draining in 3 after 3 from stupid long. Kid made 7 threes. Really chaps my @ss that we didn't have a scholarship to reel him in with. @#$@#%@# NCAA...

assuming we go around .500 in acc play tonite is 1 of those must win non conference games. i got kansas as an automatic L so this is a game we gotta have, especially at home. last year we played well enough in acc to get in, but we missed the tourny cuz we lost every meaningful non-conference game (south carolina, uconn, gtown, st johns). i think we'll beat uconn at msg, not sure about gtown on the road, but if we can at least go 2-2 against maryland, kansas, uconn, gtown (and obviously not lose to any cupcakes) and go 9-9 or 10-8 in acc we should get in.
Even before tonight, I’ve been thinking we could go at least 10-8 in the ACC. If we can go 5-1 in the 6 games against Pitt, BC and Wake, we should be able to get at least 10 wins. We got to 10 wins last season (went 10-8), so I don’t see why we can’t equal that with a better defense that should only improve as the season goes on.

We will be about 10 point dogs, but JB has a history of winning big games early against more talented opponents.
JB will figure out a way to keep the Kansas game closer than expected, but it’s gonna be really tough to beat them. They just have too much talent and depth. Never say never but I don’t think we have a chance. However, I think we can beat UConn, Gtown and hopefully the Bonnies at home. I think we may lose one of those to go 11-2 in the non-conference. 12-1 would be amazing and is very realistic.

Agree. I was really hoping they'd pull this one out. It sure turned into a bit of a nailbiter with Huerter just draining in 3 after 3 from stupid long. Kid made 7 threes. Really chaps my @ss that we didn't have a scholarship to reel him in with. @#$@#%@# NCAA...
Huerter should’ve been an Orangeman. Oh well. Can you imagine him on the roster instead of Geno?

Not sure we can beat Kansas, but we should win the rest of our ooc games.

That’s how I see it too which is way better than I thought preseason. I just don’t see us beating them. They have firepower, athletes, defense, size, speed, etc.

Georgetown is a cupcake this year. It is predicted to finish last in Big East.

Georgetown is a cupcake this year. It is predicted to finish last in Big East.
I’ll reserve judgment on Gtown until we play them. However, Gtown does have the softest non-conference schedule I’ve ever seen. They really went out of their way to pad Patrick’s head coaching start. Excluding Syracuse, you know you have a weak schedule when the most difficult matchup you have is against NC A&T.