Huge game tonight... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Huge game tonight...

I think it’s a pragmatic, reasonable view to see that winning a couple meaningful OOC games would be beneficial. I need only point to the Gillon year where it hindered us.

I also think it’s reasonable to expect a good but not great or awful record in ACC play. The ACC is insane. So hard to win on the road. It will be a grind.

We need an OOC scalp that's worth something on Selection Sunday. We don't have one. This is a big opportunity tonight. There's not much left after this. Buffalo? Maybe. Meh. No good OOC wins means trouble on Selection Sunday.

May as well shut this whole board down until selection sunday.

Ain't no one with a opinion worth a damn.
1543444270568.jpeg

all of these points about how important tonight's game is should be modified with the terms "might" and "could"

we didn't have any point guards during the 6 weeks of preseason practice. we have only had a true freshman thrown into the fire at the first game of the season. we should have had 8 or 9 weeks together but we've only had 8 or 9 days with our starting senior point guard.

we have not seen our team yet and won't, really, until december. and after that, there will be plenty of opportunities for signature wins.

placing too much emphasis on tonight's game is just feeding into the chicken littles who are all to eager to declare failure at the earliest opportunity

This ^^^^^^^!

Yeah, that's what is...believe as you wish. It couldn't be because if you're on this board, it's because you're a diehard fan of the program and may have legitimate concerns about what this loss could mean in the larger scope, which is, no OOC W's at either a neutral or away site, something the committee has placed of significant importance the past few years. Losing tonight is not going to be the straw the breaks the camels back, but it will most likely mean that we'll need to finish with a rather impressive ACC conference record. Which, we haven't done since our inaugural season...

What don’t you get about our team practicing together with everyone in their proper positions and roles for only 8 days and not yet running on all cylinders?

What don’t you get about our team practicing together with everyone in their proper positions and roles for only 8 days and not yet running on all cylinders?

I do hear ya. You are correct. My only response would be why couldn’t the spacing be good or at least better without Frank? They all know the plays (granted it is a thin playbook) and alll short circuited when the competition got better in NYC. Obviously the plan was to space the floor and drive yet they chucked and launched. Plenty of experience back where this shouldn’t be happening, IMO. We’ll see what happens soon. Just a bad matchup, IMO. Hope I’m wrong.

I do hear ya. You are correct. My only response would be why couldn’t the spacing be good or at least better without Frank? They all know the plays (granted it is a thin playbook) and alll short circuited when the competition got better in NYC. Obviously the plan was to space the floor and drive yet they chucked and launched. Plenty of experience back where this shouldn’t be happening, IMO. We’ll see what happens soon. Just a bad matchup, IMO. Hope I’m wrong.

I think our biggest problem with a lot of things was battle at the point. Messed him up and took away from others games.

Nothing. I'm not sure where you are coming from. I haven't said anything in this thread that this was a must game, and only initially commented that if some feel it's a must game, it's not because they are awaiting to "declare failure at the earliest opportunity" as another poster alluded to. That's total BS IMO.

It put that I was suprised sarcastically because you are always glass is half empty or completely empty in my opinion. I generally find the phrase "must win" stupid because it is almost never used to describe games you must win. We are 5 games into the season and anyone that is projecting out are ACC regular season record based on what they have seen so far is really reaching. I agree tonights game would be great to have but the reality is we have had a lot of injuries and I still need another few weeks before I feel comfortable drawing substantial conclusions.

Thanks for the sarcasm clarification. :rolleyes:

You are entitled to your opinion. I do find it somewhat interesting, however, that you have assessed me as someone "half or completely empty." You and I have rarely even engaged in any dialog to begin with. As I mentioned, I generally post from an objective, realistic, non fanboy perspective, and in the spirit of having solid, honest debate. Apparently, you feel otherwise, which is fine, so be it.

FWIW, based upon your handle pic, I've assessed you as a balding, overweight and seemingly out of shape individual, but that's just my opinion from my, sarcastically speaking, 'half/completely empty' being's perspective.

Last edited:
Thanks for the sarcasm clarification. :rolleyes:

You are entitled to your opinion. I do find it somewhat interesting, however, that you have assessed me as someone "half or completely empty." You and I have rarely even engaged in any dialog to begin with. As I mentioned, I generally post from an objective, realistic, non fanboy perspective, and in the spirit of having solid, honest debate. Apparently, you feel otherwise, which is fine, so be it.

FWIW, based upon your handle pic, I've assessed you as a balding, overweight and seemingly out of shape individual, but that's just my opinion from my, sarcastically speaking, 'half/completely empty' being's perspective.
I was saying your takes on things are glass is half empty as they are normally negative. Not that you are empty if that is what you are implying. You are correct I’m 40, balding and over weight. I’m trying to balance the board out though. Not everyone can be straight up good looking like cusetroop or a cool millennial like Cusefan0307

I was saying your takes on things are glass is half empty as they are normally negative. Not that you are empty if that is what you are implying. You are correct I’m 40, balding and over weight. I’m trying to balance the board out though. Not everyone can be straight up good looking like cusetroop or a cool millennial like Cusefan0307

I know what you meant, you and I have never met, so what else could it be here. Moreover, you & I have hardly ever had much of any dialog exchange between us, so again, I find your assessment somewhat peculiar. "Half and/or completely empty." Completely empty, really? That's interesting. As I said, feel free to provide some substance of all my "negative" takes, I don't think I do that. I may have some frustration in my posts from time to time, but who doesn't as a fan, let alone a diehard one that bleeds Orange for 40 + years. I believe I generally post from a realistic, objective, non-fanboy manner, in the spirit of good, solid debate. But hey, if that's me being a "Negative Nellie" from your perspective, so be it. I guess it's what makes the world go round. Peace from one diehard to another.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom