Huggy Bear resigns | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Huggy Bear resigns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised Pikiells name hasn't popped up (unless I missed it). He's done about as much as anyone could at RU getting them to the second round of the tourney. Playing style would fit how Huggy Bear didt things too.

I think he ends up at UK. Their top 5 ranked freshman center has a foot fracture and will be out for the start of the season and possibly to mid season. Good spot for Jesse to get constant NBA scouting exposure.
Some UK fans are chattering about this. It would make sense and I'm sure it would be appealing to Jesse. The fans are also chattering about sending Cal to WVU lmao.

Some UK fans are chattering about this. It would make sense and I'm sure it would be appealing to Jesse. The fans are also chattering about sending Cal to WVU lmao.
History shows that if Cal heads to WVU Kentucky may be about to face an NCAA investigation...which may deter Jesse. Of course that may depend on the $$ involved.

History shows that if Cal heads to WVU Kentucky may be about to face an NCAA investigation...which may deter Jesse. Of course that may depend on the $$ involved.
Normally, I would agree with you; but, the Ncaa would probably wet themselves even thinking about going after UK.

Cal to WVU would make Jesse the answer to a trivia question. The only player to be a member of teams coached by three different active coaches with the most NCAA wins in a three month period.

Jesse's courtesy plates:

CALHUGJB

I know that sounds like Cal is hugging Boeheim (nothing wrong with that), but they only give you 8 characters.

Cal to WVU would make Jesse the answer to a trivia question. The only player to be a member of teams coached by three different active coaches with the most NCAA wins in a three month period.
That's a great trivia question, but does Cliff Ellis have more D-1 wins than Calipari if you don't count Cal's vacated wins. I looked at a couple websites and Cal's win totals are varied. Not sure which is right. LOL!!!

Jesse has learned a valuable lesson. The grass isn’t always greener... but the money assuredly is.

I agree that his pops burned some serious bridges with his bad faith negotiations. And yes, I know Cuse found the NIL money that his dad asked for and then they came back and asked for more, and that’s infuriating. But, again, does that mean the bridge is permanently burned in our coaching staff’s minds? Maybe. Maybe not. I feel like people are reacting with emotion not logic to the idea of Jesse returning to the fold.
Sheldon "Shelly" Marcone: "I tried to bribe that son of a bitch, Joe. He gave it back because it wasn't enough."

The difference is that you are throwing a kid out on his behind two months before the Fall semester starts, when most teams have their rosters set for next year. Incredibly unfair and even unethical. Heck of a big difference between that and being recruited over before the prior season ends.
You want to act like pros you get treated like pros. No free lunch.

17 pages in of bickering... almost a month since our roster under Red has been settled with the best NBA prospect in years coming back...

The cause? Huggy Bear getting a DUI ending his coaching career putting an unlikely hypothetical of Jesse returning as a walk on or pushing someone out front and center for some to re raise concerns over the current team and how that hypothetical would assure us of success... ( run on purposeful for dramatic effect)

"LOL"
I'm just here to rip on Jesse and the Dad.

OrangeNation just had a guest who said that the way NIL works, Jesse had to do some agreed upon 'work' to get his money. It wasn't contingent on playing for WVA or incentive clauses. If he's done the work, (which could be motivational speeches, etc.), he's free to go anywhere and keep the money.

(It was their 1:30 guest, Aaron somebody.)

He won’t leave at screw Colgate with this little turnaround time.
Big 12 is a meatgrinder I would rather take a job like this with no pressure and bet on myself to re recruit most of the team than take on a full rebuild in that league.

Huggins was one of them though. I think the program had pretty mediocre support under Beilein and needed Huggins to sell tickets fill the arena create buzz etc. I'd understand not wanting to replace him.

Mazzula will either win a title or be available to go back to his alma mater next summer. I have to think everyone there will be fine with him.

Big 12 is a meatgrinder I would rather take a job like this with no pressure and bet on myself to re recruit most of the team than take on a full rebuild in that league.

Huggins was one of them though. I think the program had pretty mediocre support under Beilein and needed Huggins to sell tickets fill the arena create buzz etc. I'd understand not wanting to replace him.

Mazzula will either win a title or be available to go back to his alma mater next summer. I have to think everyone there will be fine with him.
Mazzulla is an awful coach who’s in way over his head. As a Celtics fan, it’s depressing that they kept him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom