hughes staying or going | Syracusefan.com

hughes staying or going

upperdeck

Living Legend
Great for us if he Stays, but if he isnt getting drafted does he really go? Having his degree is there a value in getting more free schooling? He isnt even in top 100 on many boards which is somewhat surprising.

He’s going. There isn’t a chance he’s staying. And the lack of combine is actually helping him from what I was told by SU coaching staff. Coaches loving his tape. Some are expecting first round pick
I know this is going to sound crazy, cuz there's not a lot of buzz for Hughes out there, but I see him as the prototypical modern NBA player. He's got the right size, he is a good athlete, he can handle and pass, and he's a good shooter. No weaknesses, perfect 3 indie guy for position-less basketball. I'm not saying you're right and it'll end up in the first round, but I wouldn't be surprised either.

If you’re going just off the tape, what is there not to like. An the nba has less defense lol. This is a weak draft for scorers too. I expect some good things for him on draft day

It just seems strange to go from out of the top 100 to inside the first round with no workouts. Great for him if it happens.

Stay mainly because it is the most certain outcome. Who knows about the state of Europe after all this virus stuff and if no NBA eval...why would you not stay and have a certain outcome.

It was reported that tyus dad said it was a mistake for him to leave and that is without the virus.

I would be shocked if he goes in the first round, simple because he is 22. Teams draft on potential these days and develop guys in the G-league.

Stay mainly because it is the most certain outcome. Who knows about the state of Europe after all this virus stuff and if no NBA eval...why would you not stay and have a certain outcome.

It was reported that tyus dad said it was a mistake for him to leave and that is without the virus.
If the NBA is uncertain than so is College basketball...

If the NBA is uncertain than so is College basketball...
Disagree. It was like 2008. Many college grads couldn’t find jobs because of the economic crisis. But a few years later ppl started recruiting at colleges again. All about timing.

Staying in college still gives him the opportunity to go to the draft and get a proper eval once this passes. Instead of potentially getting drafted over this year. If he was a top 10 pick it would be different.

I see a less physical, better shooting version of Battle. Maliki after 3-4 yrs maybe would have been this too?

I dont think making 6 figures and playing in the Euros is a bad decision. But wont that option probably be the same next yr too? As much as going back to school is always an option it isnt that easy after going away for 5-10 yrs. Does he even have a value of another yr in his major that it helps to stay one more yr?

so off to the euro leagues it is.

So how does he benefit by staying another year?

Get into professional basketball and develop while getting checks.

He has had four years of college basketball coaching. He shown a wide atray of things. Not sure what more he can do other than become more “famous” in college basketball and that isn’t as big a deal as it once was.

I see a less physical, better shooting version of Battle. Maliki after 3-4 yrs maybe would have been this too?

I dont think making 6 figures and playing in the Euros is a bad decision. But wont that option probably be the same next yr too? As much as going back to school is always an option it isnt that easy after going away for 5-10 yrs. Does he even have a value of another yr in his major that it helps to stay one more yr?
I think Hughes is 5x more aggressive and physical than Battle. Hughes doesn’t pull punches on defensive fouls and has no fear when flying towards the rim

I thought I read recently that Battles dad and Tyus wished he had come back for his last year...maybe Hughes should take the same advice

Disagree. It was like 2008. Many college grads couldn’t find jobs because of the economic crisis. But a few years later ppl started recruiting at colleges again. All about timing.

Staying in college still gives him the opportunity to go to the draft and get a proper eval once this passes. Instead of potentially getting drafted over this year. If he was a top 10 pick it would be different.
This is ridiculous. The virus is the issue all sports will return around the same time. It can't be compared to the economy at large.

No NBA prospect stayed in college because of the 2008 financial crisis.

NBA teams scout and evaluate players all year long.

I thought I read recently that Battles dad and Tyus wished he had come back for his last year...maybe Hughes should take the same advice
I believe that was so he could get his degree something Hughes will have.

what is another year of college gonna do? Honestly? He led the acc in scoring. He has nothing left to show. This draft is weakest in ages. There is zero benefit to him staying. Even if he averaged 26 a game it’s not gonna do anything... Hughes is such a better prospect than Battle and it’s not even close

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom