Humble pie is sometimes good | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Humble pie is sometimes good

We do have some things to clear up, but red zone isn't one of them. We lead the country in red zone efficiency. I believe going into last nights game, we were a perfect 11/11, and I think we're still perfect. I don't remember any empty trips last night. Everyone wants a touchdown every time, but coming away with a score, every time, is big.
Just too many FGs last night 5 vs 1 TD. Agree with you in principle however

i think the fans have been more cocky than the players.. this board wrote UV off as an easy game. I dont think the team did.
It was going that way till the stupid mistakes and injuries

By this logic we stomped UVA last night? Is that what I'm to understand?
not sure what you mean, other than we drove into scoring position 5 times without scoring a TD which is not the norm for any team. Had we any running game at all it could have been like 28-0 or 28-6 at the half.. then we gifted them another score in the 3rd . and yeah UV had under 300 yds you should never been in a game when that happens. But Virg was even more dominant vs ODU turning 500 yds into 15 pts is hard work.

We do have some things to clear up, but red zone isn't one of them. We lead the country in red zone efficiency. I believe going into last nights game, we were a perfect 11/11, and I think we're still perfect. I don't remember any empty trips last night. Everyone wants a touchdown every time, but coming away with a score, every time, is big.
We are perfect but we're not perfect. Being absolutely perfect would be touchdowns everytime. Of course that's not realistic, but we had opportunities for some of those fieldgoals to be touchdowns last night and should have put that game away early instead of needing a little luck to win.

i think the fans have been more cocky than the players.. this board wrote UV off as an easy game. I dont think the team did.
It was an easy game, Syracuse made it difficult through self caused mistakes, not Virginia

It was an easy game. We made a ton of mistakes, didn’t play well and still won. Had we played marginally well and had even 1 less TO, this game would have been decided before the 4th Q.

Just too many FGs last night 5 vs 1 TD. Agree with you in principle however

I agree with this and on the flip side, we’re actually getting to the red zone multiple times every game. Even that is a huge improvement over most seasons the last 20 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom