Hunger | Syracusefan.com

Hunger

Finwad32

Hall of Fame
What is hunger? A desire, deep, to accomplish the task at hand. Sweat, blood, tears, all that jazz.

I think there’s a difference between schools like Clemson and schools like Syracuse when it comes to this. And I also think it’s a characteristic / trait that is very undervalued.

The expectation at a school like Clemson during Dabo’s run is that you are the best. You are expected to perform as such. It’s another day at the office.

For a school like Syracuse currently, these players have been on the other end of the spectrum. They’ve been working to climb the ladder. They’re getting up the rungs and the momentum is rolling. They can taste the top of the mountain that they’ve only been able to see from afar.

I’m not saying we win. I’m simply saying that hunger is a very strong variable. I think we all know that we’ll need our best game and maybe a couple of fortuitous bounces. But we’re here. With the opportunity in front of us.

I know we’ll come out swinging. I just hope these guys are able to feel that feeling, what a chance they have.

EAT!

A really nice analogy! My brother who is attending the game of course is wound up like a watch spring. I have assured him all week that SU will win. SU is hungry, as hungry as any SU team I have seen, in my 59 years of attending these games, including the 1987 team. Take my word for it, SU will EAT tomorrow! Go Orange!

So does that mean we won’t leave any meat on the bone?

We're gonna EAT the damn bones too!!!

Nothing left but a few tufts of tiger fur.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom