Hunt looks really good | Syracusefan.com

Hunt looks really good

qdawgg

Night Biking Enthusiast
Looks really confident, has thrown some very nice passes, not looking to bail out on the play and run. I hope the play calling continues to get better and match what Hunt has shown so far, not just in the 2nd half but in the future.

Good grade today but still has to improve his 3rd down decisions regarding 5 yard passes in 3rd and long situations. Didn't throw the ball way and had some dead nut throws in traffic. Also, some very nice catches by various SU receivers today.

Yes he did. Nice bounce back performance from the most important player on our team.

He's still not very good at throwing the ball. But our offense doesn't need it so oh well.

I think what we have in Hunt is a good game manager, fair passer and a very good runner. He threw a couple of really bad passes (the one to AAM behind him was a TD) and he threw some really good ones. The long bomb to AB was just a little log - where you want to miss. This may be a story of better receivers and hopefully better play calling this year. If so, we should improve as the year goes forward.

We are back to the need to beat MD, Pitt, BC and NC State. Anything else will be gravy. We're not in a bad place now.

He's still not very good at throwing the ball. But our offense doesn't need it so oh well.
In comparison to who? He's a top 5 QB in the ACC, maybe even top 3 behind Winston and Brewer. Did you think Ryan Nassib wasn't very good either?

How many ridiculous catches did our receivers have to make on 5 yard swing passes?

He needs to improve on his swing passes and deep passes but with the intermediate stuff, he is on point. He's also great at protecting the ball and is an upper echelon running QB. Definitely one of the top QBs in the ACC.

The read option looks like it has a lot of potential with Hunt and out stable of RBs.

orangeinjersey said:
Did anyone catch the announcer calling hunt an absolute magician? lol
That was Dave Pasch in the VaTech game.

orangeinjersey said:
No during out game, one annoucer said, Hunt is a Magician!
My bad then -- Pasch made one during the VaTech game. Nune's ears must be burning.

Hunt looks like a linebacker in the all white uniforms! Give him his due, he played very well today. He's the key to this team.

Hunt looks like a linebacker in the all white uniforms! Give him his due, he played very well today. He's the key to this team.
It's amazing how much better the offense looks when you run a read option with 2 offensive lineman back and a QB who is dual threat and can make the throws needed. He is definitely the straw that stirs the drink for this offense.

Glad to see all the Cuse football diehards back on track, been saying all along we are better then we showed. Let's get to 3-0 now!

Don't bother--he's a curmudgeon. That's his schtick.

Yeah I'm sorry the less than 8 yards per completion against Central Michigan didn't exactly scream great passer to me.

Hunt isn't a great passer, he never will be one, but that's not what our offense is based on. He needs to be able to read the defense on the handoffs and dink and dunk our way down the field. That is how we will win games. And today he did that to perfection.

Yeah I'm sorry the less than 8 yards per completion against Central Michigan didn't exactly scream great passer to me.

Hunt isn't a great passer, he never will be one, but that's not what our offense is based on. He needs to be able to read the defense on the handoffs and dink and dunk our way down the field. That is how we will win games. And today he did that to perfection.

That's cherry picking a generally meaningless stat. Hunt was accurate today, and threw several great throws into tight coverage. He wasn't called upon to throw deep today. Nor did we have to. Instead, he moved the ball efficiently and made plays with his feet when they were there. As college QBs go, Hunt is well beyond average as a passer. Several of the throws he made today clearly demonstrated that. :noidea:

If you ever want to see a QB that can't throw to save his life watch an Air Force game when they are trailing late. Their QB is a great run, but the second you ask him to throw it hold your breath and pray for the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom