Hunter Dickinson | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Hunter Dickinson

Hunter is whining about making less that six figures at Michigan. That’s his problem. He has the right to go out and make deals with whomever he wants to. This wasn’t suppose to be schools having to pay for your services. These kids all want free money. Go out and find opportunities to make money, not just asking for hand outs. He’s basically telling the NCAA its pay to play on top of your scholarship.
I dislike player valuations as much as the next guy but "hand outs," really? Pay for play is the exact opposite of handouts.

I don't think he was "whining", but even if he was, did he not just do exactly what you're saying? I don't understand this post.

He did turn this into a bit of a circus whatever you want to call it. Will be interesting the team dynamic at Kansas this year.

Hunter is whining about making less that six figures at Michigan. That’s his problem. He has the right to go out and make deals with whomever he wants to. This wasn’t suppose to be schools having to pay for your services. These kids all want free money. Go out and find opportunities to make money, not just asking for hand outs. He’s basically telling the NCAA its pay to play on top of your scholarship.
If you made less than six figures at your job, and a competitor offered to pay you a couple million to do the same thing, you wouldn't make the move? It's not free money, and it's not a handout. He's getting paid to provide a service, and he's getting paid a lot because he can provide a service most people cannot. It's a mostly open market in this country, and there's a market for your services if someone is willing to pay for it. I would love to earn from playing sports instead of sitting in an office, but I'm not capable, and he is.

I do agree NIL shouldn't be pay for play, but that's on the NCAA. I would take advantage too if I were a college athlete right now.

If you made less than six figures at your job, and a competitor offered to pay you a couple million to do the same thing, you wouldn't make the move? It's not free money, and it's not a handout. He's getting paid to provide a service, and he's getting paid a lot because he can provide a service most people cannot. It's a mostly open market in this country, and there's a market for your services if someone is willing to pay for it. I would love to earn from playing sports instead of sitting in an office, but I'm not capable, and he is.

I do agree NIL shouldn't be pay for play, but that's on the NCAA. I would take advantage too if I were a college athlete right now.
My point is what he wants is not NIL. He wants to get paid and that is not what NIL is.

This thread is still going? Did he not sign his NIL NLI yet?
Uh oh, the thread police is here!

Super Troopers Police GIF

Coaches cant just leave.. Many have penalties for leaving.

Kids want guaranteed scholies and also the freedom to leave . But this isnt just about whats best for any single kid. Its for the betterment of the sport as a whole which is why the NCAA exists to try to even the playing field.
Mike Brey is going to be sidelined for a while at the college level because of the language in his ND contract. They were smart to put that in there.

leaving for a new job for 10K is not something everyone would do though.. even for 100k..

The equivalent being someone working at a job getting offered 100k to take another new job and moving the family knowing its a 1 yr new job and then also knowing you would not being staying in that area after that job is over. the avg person would also have to spring for 10-25K for housing and food making the short term move.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom