Hunter Dickinson | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Hunter Dickinson

Yeah maybe. Gtown I'm sure has had to pony up a ton with some of the guys they have gotten already. Don't know in terms of MD. Have to figure Kansas has the bigger bankroll in all this in terms of collective$$.

From the sounds of the others and impacts to their own portal strategies... might be there is an opening here... potentially.

I’ll be thrilled if it works out for us. Maybe we have enough right now to get him here. I’m not in the camp he can’t end up here but I’m definitely in the hopefully pessimistic camp. I’ll be elated if he ends up here and even more than just him being on the team, it would put to fears any thoughts I’ve had, wondering if we can put together a competitive roster with $$$.

Even if he doesn’t end up here it doesn’t mean we can’t either, I’m optimistic about that right now but still slightly nervous.

Strange times for sure. This isn’t the 90’s

I’ll be thrilled if it works out for us. Maybe we have enough right now to get him here. I’m not in the camp he can’t end up here but I’m definitely in the hopefully pessimistic camp. I’ll be elated if he ends up here and even more than just him being on the team, it would put to fears any thoughts I’ve had, wondering if we can put together a competitive roster with $$$.

Even if he doesn’t end up here it doesn’t mean we can’t either, I’m optimistic about that right now but still slightly nervous.

Strange times for sure. This isn’t the 90’s

Yeah the concept we aren't written off is a positive. Chase this down to get a visit while also going hard after Cisse etc.

This is going to sound crazy to some people but the way the roster is currently constructed, I think Cisse would actually be a better fit than HD. Sure HD is a great basketball player, he can put the ball in the hoop and grab a lot of boards but he’s not an elite defender.

As the roster is currently constructed if Judah comes back this is going to be a very backcourt dominated team where 3 of our guards can really score. Judah, JJ and Chance when healthy are all bucket getters. You throw in Bell, Benny, Brown, Taylor…we have guys that can put the ball in the basket.

Now if you add Cisse, sure he’s not a great scorer, he’ll get ya about 8 a game. But if you have a team with enough bucket getters already, you add an elite defensive center that can grab you 8-10 boards game, then watch out. That’s just a part of the game that HD can’t add no matter how good he is. And to be completely honest Cisse would fit great in the fact that Judah, JJ, and Chance can all beat their man off the dribble setting up plenty of lob opportunities for Cisse. We need a defensive anchor on defense and he is that. Get Cisse and we are in business.

Wouldn’t hate a starting lineup of

Mintz
Starling
Westry
Benny
Cisse

Rotation:
Bell
Brown
Taylor
Copeland
Hima

Carey
Patterson

That’s a pretty good team. Honestly a top 15 most likely and a top 4 team in the ACC, in my opinion

Hes raw but from what I saw he is aggressive and physical. Jesse has skills but he is more of a finesse player, and I personally think we need kids with an attitude in the middle. Hima has an edge and I like that. Add another banger inside and we have enough athletes that we should be ok. I wish Jesse had stayed but I'm hopeful that we can fill his spot by committee.

They try to list that kid at 6'10" and 230, but when you think about him playing in that league, he wasn't the biggest guy playing in the lane in those tapes. He looked about 6-8 to me and only about 210.

Have we’ve seen anywhere that Cisse is even interested in SU?

Right now it's radio silence all around him. Outside the schools listed as interested that's it.. nothing outward from his camp ive seen

I would hope we are kicking the tires on Lubin too... 6-8 but plays bigger. I was really surprised Brey didn't give him more run.

This is going to sound crazy to some people but the way the roster is currently constructed, I think Cisse would actually be a better fit than HD. Sure HD is a great basketball player, he can put the ball in the hoop and grab a lot of boards but he’s not an elite defender.

As the roster is currently constructed if Judah comes back this is going to be a very backcourt dominated team where 3 of our guards can really score. Judah, JJ and Chance when healthy are all bucket getters. You throw in Bell, Benny, Brown, Taylor…we have guys that can put the ball in the basket.

Now if you add Cisse, sure he’s not a great scorer, he’ll get ya about 8 a game. But if you have a team with enough bucket getters already, you add an elite defensive center that can grab you 8-10 boards game, then watch out. That’s just a part of the game that HD can’t add no matter how good he is. And to be completely honest Cisse would fit great in the fact that Judah, JJ, and Chance can all beat their man off the dribble setting up plenty of lob opportunities for Cisse. We need a defensive anchor on defense and he is that. Get Cisse and we are in business.

Mintz
Starling
Westry
Benny
Cisse

Rotation:
Bell
Brown
Taylor
Copeland
Hima

Carey
Patterson

That’s a pretty good team. Honestly a top 15 most likely and a top 4 team in the ACC, in my opinion
It’s not crazy. I’ve been saying it for awhile

I would hope we are kicking the tires on Lubin too... 6-8 but plays bigger. I was really surprised Brey didn't give him more run.
How tall is Bacot, he has has a modicum of success.

Mintz
Starling
Westry
Benny
Cisse

Rotation:
Bell
Brown
Taylor
Copeland
Hima

Carey
Patterson

Yeah that's a good looking roster.

Question is who are our glass cleaners for us? Depending Westry maybe gets us 4 to 5 per. He follows his shot really well and is right there when he dishes. I think Benny takes a potential step backwards on rebounding because with our guards he will want to be at the 3 pt line for kick outs. Brown gets us some. I love the athletes and guard/small forward focus but we need a cleaner. Red knows that, it will be interesting to see who he gets for it.

Question is who are our glass cleaners for us? Depending Westry maybe gets us 4 to 5 per. He follows his shot really well and is right there when he dishes. I think Benny takes a potential step backwards on rebounding because with our guards he will want to be at the 3 pt line for kick outs. Brown gets us some. I love the athletes and guard/small forward focus but we need a cleaner. Red knows that, it will be interesting to see who he gets for it.

Brown was our 2nd best rebounder. I’m very high on him as an under the radar player. I don’t think he’s going to avg 9-10 a game but he had 11 games with 7 or more rebounds and games in the 9-12 range. I don’t see him as a guy who’s physically going to outmuscle other players. But he just always seems to be in the right spot at the right time for both rebounds and scoring opportunities. He’s just one of those guys that finds the ball…. or the ball finds him. He’s a sneaky good, under the radar guy every team needs. He avg just under 5 last year. I cans see him consistently getting 6-8; then with more athletic players on the floor and a different scheme, I think consistent scoring for me is a bigger concern than rebounding.

Brown was our 2nd best rebounder. I’m very high on him as an under the radar player. I don’t think he’s going to avg 9-10 a game but he had 11 games with 7 or more rebounds and games in the 9-12 range. I don’t see him as a guy who’s physically going to outmuscle other players. But he just always seems to be in the right spot at the right time for both rebounds and scoring opportunities. He’s just one of those guys that finds the ball…. or the ball finds him. He’s a sneaky good, under the radar guy every team needs. He avg just under 5 last year. I cans see him consistently getting 6-8; then with more athletic players on the floor and a different scheme, I think consistent scoring for me is a bigger concern than rebounding.
Gee. He was a freshman, dont we think he will get stronger and better.

Gee. He was a freshman, dont we think he will get stronger and better.

Where did I say he wouldn’t. That’s the opposite of what I said.

Somehow you took a positive post and created a negative out of something I didn’t say. Great job today.

Where did I say he wouldn’t. That’s the opposite of what I said.

Somehow you took a positive post and created a negative out of something I didn’t say. Great job today.
Sorry, I intetpreted your post differently than what you meant. Glad you were being positive. I am bullish on Brown.

Mintz
Starling
Westry
Benny
Cisse

Rotation:
Bell
Brown
Taylor
Copeland
Hima

Carey
Patterson

I'd rather have Dickinson. A big who can hit from all the post, mid range and perimeter opens it up for everyone else. Also, Cisse shoots less than 50% from the foul line.

I'd rather have Dickinson. A big who can hit from all the post, mid range and perimeter opens it up for everyone else. Also, Cisse shoots less than 50% from the foul line.
Yes I agree he can do that and is very good at that. But that’s my point. Cisse and HD have very different types of games. I think Cisse is more of a fit of what we need. We don’t NEED more scoring. When healthy Judah, JJ, Chance, Benny, Brown, Taylor, Bell…those guys will score plenty.

We need a defensive presence in the middle. That’s something that will really round this team out. We know we are probably going to be able to score a lot. We know Judah, JJ, Chance, Brown and Benny are pretty good defensive players. If we had Cisse I think he takes this teams defense to a new level whether it’s man to man or zone. I really think he would make this a much more well rounded and complete team than HD. Now if HD decided to come here instead of Cisse, would I be upset? Helllllllllll no, I’d be pumped. I just think Cisse completes this team as it is currently constructed more than HD does. We’ll be a very good team if either of those players decide to come here and Judah comes back

Yes I agree he can do that and is very good at that. But that’s my point. Cisse and HD have very different types of games. I think Cisse is more of a fit of what we need. We don’t NEED more scoring. When healthy Judah, JJ, Chance, Benny, Brown, Taylor, Bell…those guys will score plenty.

We need a defensive presence in the middle. That’s something that will really round this team out. We know we are probably going to be able to score a lot. We know Judah, JJ, Chance, Brown and Benny are pretty good defensive players. If we had Cisse I think he takes this teams defense to a new level whether it’s man to man or zone. I really think he would make this a much more well rounded and complete team than HD. Now if HD decided to come here instead of Cisse, would I be upset? Helllllllllll no, I’d be pumped. I just think Cisse completes this team as it is currently constructed more than HD does. We’ll be a very good team if either of those players decide to come here and Judah comes back

Good stuff. Not to mention 30k in the Dome reacting to Cisse trying to rip the rim off the backboard...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom