Hunter Dickinson | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Hunter Dickinson

I’m on the opposite side with him. He’d be a huge downgrade IMO and would be marginally better than our previous bench centers. We’d really have to step up with some additional portal players at other positions to not get worse.
Agreed. Hard to get excited about a big who shoots less than 50%, has zero lift, and has an astronomical foul rate. I'd rather play Brown at center then sign that guy.

In most cases money is going to be the determining factor. If that is the case here there is little to no chance we can compete with the likes of Kansas. Not to mention Kansas being one of the top 2-3 programs in the country. Hoping for the best, however!
All of that could be true and yet, unless you have direct contact with Hunter, none of us knows. Let’s give this time to play out. For now, I am willing to let HCAA and staff do their thing to see how this recruitment plays out.

As it currently exits, this is one of the worst rosters SU has ever had. Something major has to happen to make this roster competitive for next year. This is like “last place in the ACC bad!”
I would agree that a roster 3 spots short of a full team would be the worst roster ever. Luckily, I think it’s pretty fair to assume red has no intention of walking into next season with those spots still open.

The goal is to put together the best team. I get the feeling WVU was really bidding against themselves for Jesse. Two of the teams on his final 3 didn't appear interested and SU didn't want to spend that much on him and it wasn't because we couldn't.
As for how we look in the media...it really has little bearing on the goal. It's mostly either people with an agenda or with a lack of full information.

That said, I wouldn't mind if JW put out a statement to the effect that SU has significant NIL support for its athletics and individual decisions about athletes are taken with an eye towards value and putting together the best teams.
Myself I'd like for him to put out a statement saying exactly what happened with the Jesse "negotiation", either with or without an announcement of an NCAA referral for tampering. If that embarrasses Jesse's camp and/or deters a certain kind of player from coming to SU I'm fine with that.

It’s important to have an inside game. If you have a post player you’re less likely to have long scoring droughts. You can’t just rely on jump shots. A scoring post will also get you easier looks on the perimeter. Think about our better teams. They usually had good balance of inside and outside play.
The most consistent college half court offenses have dominant dribble penetration ball handlers that get to the basket and finish or get fouled consistently, even against good defenses. The type of player that doesn't need anybody to set them up in order to score.

If Mintz and Starling are here next year, we will have two players that fit this description.
Next to them, we will have good to great catch and shoot shooters in Bell, Williams and Taylor.

Offense from center can be exclusively close to the basket off put backs, drive-and-dish and in transition, and we'll still have a good scoring efficiency.

Having a good center would be nice, Dickinson with his unearthly shooting percentage from 3 would be great, but not essential to having a good team.

I would agree that a roster 3 spots short of a full team would be the worst roster ever. Luckily, I think it’s pretty fair to assume red has no intention of walking into next season with those spots still open.
So you are saying Red is not JB? ;)

There's other options. Cisse included.

well, they're all in the same basic pecking order after Dickinson, so hopefully we won't be standing with no chair when the music stops.

Was just told don't jump to that conclusion. Nothing has happened yet. I agree that we are not in it unless we geta visit. But let's let this play out a little more.
Crazy concept patience. People need to remember some of what you are seeing are from either team fanboys or leaks from fanboys. Lots of time for things to play out whether it's for Dickinson or others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom