Hunter Dickinson | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Hunter Dickinson

Hate when I think I’m posting in a live game thread, which in this case was the nba, and it turns out I wasn’t close.
gordon ramsay masterchef celebrity family showdown GIF by Masterchef

It is 100% pay to play now and that is fine but the "kids" can't have it both ways they will and should be treated as professional athletes now. No more standing behind they are just kids' stuff they will be getting paid 100s of thousands of dollars to play basketball they better perform or they will start to hear it from the "fans" in person and on social media.

The fans aren't discarded.

Their experience is different. But I'm not convinced its worse.

I mean, look at us. Yeah, we lost Jesse and it all seems pretty stupid, but we're also facing the chance to have Mintz, Starling, and Westry all on the same roster. That's bananas! We would have gone berserk if we had all of those guys in the same recruiting class. And now, we actually do!

It’s worse, and it’s irrelevant as to whether or not we’ve replenished in the portal.

It’s worse, and it’s irrelevant as to whether or not we’ve replenished in the portal.
You're not exactly making me feel like I'm being too hard on the fan with that kind of a statement. ;)

You're not exactly making me feel like I'm being too hard on the fan with that kind of a statement. ;)

There’s a lot of things that go into being a fan that make it worthwhile for the fan. I’m just sharing my own personal views on my enjoyment level and what I think is affecting it. I consider myself pretty diehard - I mean I’ve been driving in from Buffalo for every single home football game over the past 8 years of mostly mediocrity to awfulness - but this Wild West lawlessness that’s been created by the NCAA’s complete and utter dropping of the ball has been making things less and less enjoyable as time goes by. To each their own, for sure, but I know for a fact that I’m nowhere near alone in that feeling.

Funny. I agree with half of it. But we just had the most ‘open’ and unpredictable tournament I can remember. The playing field has been evened—for the moment—when the old blue bloods who had the field tilted in their favor are beaten by the nobodies. When a WVU can outbid teams for a top 5 transfer, it seems kinda level, in a perverse way. Things are definitely going to be uneven, going forward, just in a different way and with a different set of programs benefitting.

And you can’t call it “corruption” anymore. When the rules change, so must the language and dialog. [Who posted this?]

It’s all disgusting, though. It will certainly change the appetites of consumers/the audience. Then again, media incentivizes ‘unboxing‘ videos, and the public keeps getting dumber and more and more accepting of such dumb stuff, so who knows.
Teams filled with 5 star all Americans can be intriguing and interesting, but it has been proven that it does not make a championship. Kentucky's multi million dollar teams, pre NIL and currently is a good example. Kentucky's unibrow team won it all while all others have been very disappointing and many fell short before reaching the sweet sixteen. Duke and Kansas I believe did a little better but not what was expected. Most of these studs are only in school for a year and mindful of their stats to be a lottery pick - not a winning formula. All that being said NIL is only a small part of putting together a winning team. To win it all a team needs a good coach, an experienced team with 3 to 4 star players who will stay in the program for 3 to 4 years, a 5 star stud or two each year. Jay Wright's winning Villanova teams is a good model.

Tommy used to work on the docks, union's been on strike
He's down on his luck, it's tough, so tough
Trilly works the diner all day, working for her man
She brings home her pay, for love, mmm, for love...
My first concert.
The New Jersey album tour and where did we see them? In Jersey! (Although we were coming from Queens at the time)
This song is from an earlier album but they played it that night. Talented group and still listen to them.

Tommy used to work on the docks, union's been on strike
He's down on his luck, it's tough, so tough
Trilly works the diner all day, working for her man
She brings home her pay, for love, mmm, for love...
Are they eligible for NIL? I mean, we got one Bongiovi to come to SU…. Oh that’s right, we chased off our one billionaire contributor and we’ll never be decent again!

Hate when I think I’m posting in a live game thread, which in this case was the nba, and it turns out I wasn’t close.

Ha, I thought you were referencing the post where somebody said Cisse was a Fab Melo type player.

Ive expressed my two cents to our collectives. Use it for retention, Use it for kids with more than 1year.
Take a shot on 1 HS kid but only if they like Cuse a ton without the bag. Bag needs to be a bonus, not the primary reason they pick SU

I don’t understand why we are trying to compete for a player like Dickerson for one year. Instead we should offer a deal to be paid multiple years. We need to be creative if we are going to compete

I don’t understand why we are trying to compete for a player like Dickerson for one year. Instead we should offer a deal to be paid multiple years. We need to be creative if we are going to compete
Get the best players you can every year, doing anything less is just looking for an excuse.

My first concert.
The New Jersey album tour and where did we see them? In Jersey! (Although we were coming from Queens at the time)
This song is from an earlier album but they played it that night. Talented group and still listen to them.
My first concert, too. Slippery When Wet tour at the Dome. Skid Row opened. I think I was 14 or 15.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom