Hurley to UK | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Hurley to UK

I think that's part of the lure. Hurley certainly believes that he could win more championships and if he did at Kentucky (a program that has underperformed for many years), he would be treated as GOD. Think about Dan Hurley for a moment, you don't think that might be enticing?
Kentucky doesn’t have a cake walk through the SEC like they use to have. Multiple teams in the SEC now recruit and play basketball at a high level. It’s harder to win at Kentucky than it’s ever been. That said if they get Hurley they’d be a monster again.

He will stay at UConn. They are going to do whatever they can at reloading the roster with kids that fit his style and energy and win.

Roster make up will be a big thing and he already knows the type of kids he wants.

Kids like Johnell Davis, Mark Mitchell, and Cliff Omoruyi would be the type of transfers they will pursue hard.

Last edited:
He will stay at UConn. They are going to theo whatever they can at reloading the roster with kids that fit his style and energy and win.

Roster make up will be a big thing and he already knows the type of kids he wants.

Kids like Johnell Davis, Mark Mitchell, and Cliff Omoruyi would be the type of transfers they will pursue hard.
It’s funny, they have little tv revenue, a football team that’s bleeding money, but they can afford paying Hurley tons of money. They also show they will go after the top players in the portal. Money doesn’t seem to be a problem.

Hurley seems like a Northeast guy. I'd rather be really rich in Connecticut than really really rich in Kentucky.

Yeah, he's not going there. And the pressure of that job seems miserable.

But there are a lot worse places to live than Lexington, KY. Better too, sure. I went there for an October Keeneland weekend and loved it.

Last edited:
Would be surprised to see Hurley leave.
He’s built something where he likely will reign at or near the top for years.

I think that's part of the lure. Hurley certainly believes that he could win more championships and if he did at Kentucky (a program that has underperformed for many years), he would be treated as GOD. Think about Dan Hurley for a moment, you don't think that might be enticing?
If I think about Dan Hurley for a minute, the word that comes to mind is definitely not 'enticing'. :cool:

Yeah, he's not going there. And the pressure of that job seems miserable.

But there are a lot worse places to live than Lexington, KY. Better too, sure. But I went there for an October Keeneland weekend and loved it.

Yeah agreed. The upside affluence is crazy.

It absolutely has its appeal if you want to go hero-coaching or glory-chasing. Some would welcome that challenge. I think it unmoors you from something more permanent and of higher value. IMHO ping-ponging from team to team and has less value than being a stalwart coach at one location you've committed to, built up and put your personal stamp on.

Grass is not always greener at your new location and at Kentucky it would be bluegrass to boot.

I'm old school that way. I like a consistent thing done well. Call it methodical brilliance or the hum drum narrowness of a small mind...in any case, that's where I'm at.

And that's where I hope Fran Brown is too - committing to, building-up and put his stamp on SU for a long time. He is (we're) on the cusp of something special.

Knicks are the real threat in future for Hurley
OMG please no. Why on earth would Dolan bring in a college coach with serious maturity issues when he finally has a coaching formula that's working? Thibs is doing a great job. Obviously we'll see how the playoffs go, but they're 3rd in the Atlantic. I mean, Thib's use of the trade and development of the backup roster has been nothing short of amazing -look how well they've done without three starters (Robinson, Anunoby and Randle).

OMG please no. Why on earth would Dolan bring in a college coach with serious maturity issues when he finally has a coaching formula that's working? Thibs is doing a great job. Obviously we'll see how the playoffs go, but they're 3rd in the Atlantic. I mean, Thib's use of the backup roster has been nothing short of amazing - given the trade and how well they've done without three starters (Robinson, Anunoby and Randle).

I agree but thats Hurleys dream. Wouldnt happen for at least three years

Tom says "Hold my beer".

Tom Crean Says His Angry Face After Indiana's Win Was Because He Was Mad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors