Hurley to UK | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Hurley to UK

Well I am always wrong but why would he. UConn is a better program than UK right now and with less stress coaching. Hurley can stay at UConn, be worshipped by the fan base and keep winning. At Kentucky you might make a few more $ but a lot of crap comes with it. Let him stay at UConn and maybe one day we can give them a game.
HURLEY ISN’T GOING ANYWHERE

I’m with Cuseball. No one needs the stress of UK fans.

How much $ do you really need or want? This year w/o bonuses he makes $5 MILLION.

I’d love to see Hurley stay at UCONN, and I believe he will, winning championships year after year. All the 5 stars go to UCONN, (except the ones that go to Syracuse).

All the fans become better fans. More people want to go to games so UCONN builds a new facility BB only for 35K with all the bells and whistles, S&C, housing for BB only, tutors for BB only so the TEAM can study and come out on top every year so Dan gets his Million $ bonus for that.

A new contract? He just received a new one for $32.1 MIL good through 2029. Have him make it the Mt. EVEREST of basketball so that people begin forgetting about the K name.

I have no idea how big his ego is. Can’t be that huge - here’s a recent quote from him.

USA Today:

Hurley went on to give some insight into what's next for his program: "Now you're thinking in your brain, as I'm looking at the locker room, about the chance to do it three times, like a dynasty in modern times. I mean, that's what I'm thinking about."

How much $ do you really need or want? This year w/o bonuses he makes $5 MILLION.

I’d love to see Hurley stay at UCONN, and I believe he will, winning championships year after year. All the 5 stars go to UCONN, (except the ones that go to Syracuse).

All the fans become better fans. More people want to go to games so UCONN builds a new facility BB only for 35K with all the bells and whistles, S&C, housing for BB only, tutors for BB only so the TEAM can study and come out on top every year so Dan gets his Million $ bonus for that.

A new contract? He just received a new one for $32.1 MIL good through 2029. Have him make it the Mt. EVEREST of basketball so that people begin forgetting about the K name.

I have no idea how big his ego is. Can’t be that huge - here’s a recent quote from him.

USA Today:

Hurley went on to give some insight into what's next for his program: "Now you're thinking in your brain, as I'm looking at the locker room, about the chance to do it three times, like a dynasty in modern times. I mean, that's what I'm thinking about."

Donte though we had a dynasty at one time.

USA Today:

What?

USA Today:

Uh Bill, this is Syracusefan. The hell are you on about

Just give the job to pitino!
I think this is where it lands - give them a couple of years to refocus on who they want down the road. At this point they are looking like Louisville.

Is there any good (or even decent) assistant coach on Cal's UK staff that could be the interim coach until the next hiring wave next year when a new hot coach will emerge?

jim boeheim should get a call if pitino gets a call. Jim must be itching to get back in hot seat and unknown to everyone here his wife is actually from kentucky. this makes too much sense

I think this is where it lands - give them a couple of years to refocus on who they want down the road. At this point they are looking like Louisville.
it makes too much sense. Rick is instant credibility, he craves the attention in Lexington, he can get whomever he wants from the portal.

All these other jobbers aren't going to bring the buzz like Rick will. Even Billy Donovan can't coach like Rick can, even at this age.

Maybe Ricky brings Jimmy B down there to be HIS assistant. What a story that would be. Isn't Julie a Kentucky lady?

How is Kentucky looking like Louisville? Not even close.
How many guys turned down Louisville? This is a cluster by the Kentucky AD. The alleged Blue Blood can't find anyone to take the job and isn't controlling the spin on the process. Louisville -esque.

jim boeheim should get a call if pitino gets a call. Jim must be itching to get back in hot seat and unknown to everyone here his wife is actually from kentucky. this makes too much sense
You all really want to watch JB die on the sidelines, don’t you?

What?
I don't particularly care for Hurley, but all I meant was that he isn't going anywhere because he said so:

"Now you're thinking in your brain, as I'm looking at the locker room, about the chance to do it three times, like a dynasty in modern times. I mean, that's what I'm thinking about."

Let em build everything they want - we'll catch them.

I don't particularly care for Hurley, but all I meant was that he isn't going anywhere because he said so:

"Now you're thinking in your brain, as I'm looking at the locker room, about the chance to do it three times, like a dynasty in modern times. I mean, that's what I'm thinking about."

Let em build everything they want - we'll catch them.
I can't remember this exactly, but there was a football coach at a mid atlantic school who was rumored to be going to a Florida school. He said I'm not going there. And he left that night. Same school a few years later, the hoop coach was rumored to go to a Florida school. He said I'm not going to do what the Football coach did and deny I'm going and leave that night. I'm staying. He left the next day.

Uh Bill, this is Syracusefan. The hell are you on about
No, really.

What I meant was let UConn build, let us build. We already have what UConn would ever want in facilities. Build our recruiting through high school and players through the portal. I want the EAST BB teams to make the blue bloods Duke, Kentucky, etc., teams and fans to be second tier to us.

I was a spotter official scorer for the basketball team at Manley when Bing was a freshman - an amazing BB player - sorry you misunderstood or I didn't spell out, Syracuse is the best. My team:
1. Sherman Douglas/Pearl Washington 2. Greg Kohls/Stephen Thompson 3. Carmelo Anthony/ Billy Owens/ Lawrence Moten 4. Derrick Coleman/John Wallace/Etan Thomas 5. Roosevelt Bouie/Rony Seikaly/Danny Shayes

This team could beat anyone incuding the Dogs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom