Hurley | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Hurley

The one big issue I don’t understand is his refusal to play Clingan. Hus rebounding and blocking stats are amazing considering his low usage. Hurley shockingly only played him 7 minutes yesterday against Creighton but he scored 4 points, had 7 rebounds, 1 block in that short period of time. His 40 minute stats are unbelievable - 22.6 points, 18.4 rebounds, 5.7 blocks. Even if the young man lacks stamina to go 40 minutes, his impact sure appears to be worthy of a coach to scheme him much more effectively to impact his team’s performance.

Understand why the kid stayed home but he could have excelled here.

I'll just add that as good as Sanogo is, he hasn't been use all that effectively either and current mock drafts reflect as much.

The one big issue I don’t understand is his refusal to play Clingan. Hus rebounding and blocking stats are amazing considering his low usage. Hurley shockingly only played him 7 minutes yesterday against Creighton but he scored 4 points, had 7 rebounds, 1 block in that short period of time. His 40 minute stats are unbelievable - 22.6 points, 18.4 rebounds, 5.7 blocks. Even if the young man lacks stamina to go 40 minutes, his impact sure appears to be worthy of a coach to scheme him much more effectively to impact his team’s performance.

Let’s hope Hurley continues to not use him. I think we’d be happy to have him if he were to transfer.

Sanogo is really a stretch 4, but neither he or Clingan can guard perimeter guys so they rarely play together. Jackson is by far their weakest link on offense and neither he or Newton are really point guards.

Sanogo is really a stretch 4, but neither he or Clingan can guard perimeter guys so they rarely play together. Jackson is by far their weakest link on offense and neither he or Newton are really point guards.
Sanogo is definitely not a stretch 4. He is your classic low post big

Sanoga is just a junior. Since UConn can’t scheme a strategy to use both of them, seems a waste to have recruited Clingan other than keeping an opponent from getting him.

Jackson is UConn’s Paul Harris prove me wrong
If he had come here we'd be eating him alive. At best he's a poor man's Dennis Rodman- not so much that he's as talented, but his game is about hustle and defense. Problem is the Mutts don't have enough on offense to play him all the time. He's a big time liability, can't shoot a lick, and just clogs the lane bringing their offense to a screeching halt.
I do think JB would've found better ways to use him, but Hurley is clueless right now.

Last edited:
I’ll be picking all of them to lose early in the tourney. Unless Seton Hall sneaks in. I think they’ve got a miracle run in them.
Seton hall has no miracle run in them. Very Mediocre team and they were better last year and got trounced by TCU in one of the least competitive first round games. Maybe we meet them in the NIT

Clingan is the best freshman in the country. I think JB would’ve found a place for him but who knows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom