Hurley | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Hurley

Yukon down 15 to Xavier at the half. 39-24.
I'm watching this game and it's hard fought, very physical by both teams. Lots of contact but the refs have good control and aren't calling everything and no need to review every fricken play. Both teams playing tough. Xavier up 10 with 7:17 to go.

For many years I had an Orange painted broken piece of 2x4 in my basement from the railing.
I had a piece of the turf for years. Art Monk with the big play. Do you remember how the Hurley for Heisman bubble burst in the beginning of the first game against Florida State. I can still replay the blindside hit to his ribs.

What on Earth was Xavier doing? Miss the second foul shot and make them take a 90 foot prayer instead of a fairly good look from 30 feet that they got. Glad it worked out but you have to play the percentages.

Hurley played zone nearly the entire second half. 1-3-1 with Jackson out front. It was very effective after falling behind by 17.

I can't believe I am going to say something nice about Yukon, but defensively they played well in the 2nd half. Very active. Good full court pressure. Had it down to one point at the end. We would take a handful of their players in a heartbeat-Jackson, Clingan, Sanogo, Newton, Hawkins.
Not a shame losing to #13 Butler, but it's still a loss. Sorry Hurley.

I can't believe I am going to say something nice about Yukon, but defensively they played well in the 2nd half. Very active. Good full court pressure. Had it down to one point at the end. We would take a handful of their players in a heartbeat-Jackson, Clingan, Sanogo, Newton, Hawkins.
Not a shame losing to #13 Butler, but it's still a loss. Sorry Hurley.
Xavier

I had a piece of the turf for years. Art Monk with the big play. Do you remember how the Hurley for Heisman bubble burst in the beginning of the first game against Florida State. I can still replay the blindside hit to his ribs.

I wonder if we'll ever have Heisman hopes again.

I'm watching this game and it's hard fought, very physical by both teams. Lots of contact but the refs have good control and aren't calling everything and no need to review every fricken play. Both teams playing tough. Xavier up 10 with 7:17 to go.
Hurley's got good players but has no idea how to best utilize them. They play bad defense and can't stay in front of anyone. He's wasting Clingan right now, who's probably just as good as their starter Sanago.
If JB or Calhoun was coaching that team, they'd be a lock for top 2 seed- they're that talented. Hurley's in-game coaching sucks! Lol

Hurley's got good players but has no idea how to best utilize them. They play bad defense and can't stay in front of anyone. He's wasting Clingan right now, who's probably just as good as their starter Sanago.
If JB or Calhoun was coaching that team, they'd be a lock for top 2 seed- they're that talented. Hurley's in-game coaching sucks! Lol
Hard to be very good without a point guard.

How does that guy get guys to go there? They have a great recruiting class coming in next year, too. I don't get it. I wouldn't want my kid playing for that nut.

I’d prefer not taking their leftovers.
Normally I would agree but some sloppy seconds are pretty nice!

Fun fact about Hurley's ineptness and poor coaching. here's his record against the following Big East coaches:
vs Cooley: 2-10
vs McDermott: 1-5
vs jay Wright: 1-5
vs Miller: 0-2

4-22 overall record against the better coaches. He has more technical fouls than wins in these games

How does that guy get guys to go there? They have a great recruiting class coming in next year, too. I don't get it. I wouldn't want my kid playing for that nut.
How does Leonard Hamilton get good players when he has never won anything? Some coaches are good recruiters for different reasons. Yukon's current streak is indicative of how they will flame out in post-season. Will see if any transfer out. I'm not sure but don't think they have any type of formalized NIL program.

Last edited:
Yes, of course. I was typing that as the Butler vs Providence game is blasting on my TV. Glad to know someone actually reads the post. LOL!!!
Lol, sorry wasn’t trying to be a jerk or anything. Not saying you thought that but after I posted I was thinking you probably just made a mistake lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom