Hurley | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hurley

I must be missing a lot by not paying attention to other teams’ coaches.

Seems kinda odd to pick on Hurley who has UConn in the top 5, when our own coach was stomping and flailing down the sideline after one of our own turnovers. What’s the difference?
You pick on him not in relation to SU, you pick on him because his immature attitude and inability to keep his mouth shut cost his top 5 team a winnable game.

When you learn to separate Syracuse fandom from general NCAAB observations you can begin to see that criticism doesn’t always have to be in relation to someone/something else.

I’ll add that many here rightfully called out JB for possibly costing SU the Duke game in 2014 following the fair charge call

Last edited:
I'm not suggesting this should happen...but if Hurley replaced Boeheim people would love his "feistiness." His behavior would be excused or overlooked.
Same discussion occurred during the first go around of “JB should retire” in relation to buzz Williams. He’s just as big of a pain in the a$$ and would be a horrible hire

JB rarely if ever put SU in position to lose by his antics. The great ones know how to take a strategic tech to fire their team up or get the refs to even things out. Jim Calhoun was an all-time great at UConn because he knew when to get the T, and when to back off. Hurley doesn't have a clue. He's gonna cost a very good UConn team in March...and I'm here for it!

He still hasn’t won a tournament game. If JB’s replacement took 5 years to build a winner like Hurley has we would have run him out two years ago. He has to win at least two tournament games this year or he will be closer to the hot seat than people want to admit. Outside of this season Syracuse and UConns record have been very similar the past 4 seasons.

Facts.

But here come some Syracuse fans telling me UConn is back!!!

Why?

I'm not suggesting this should happen...but if Hurley replaced Boeheim people would love his "feistiness." His behavior would be excused or overlooked.
I was not a fan of Tony La Russa when he was with Oakland and, as a result, I never embraced him as manager of the Cardinals. He won two WS in St. Louis. Hurley will get no free passes from me.

UConn has 8 fouls 7 minutes into the second half against Providence. Have to think it’s only a matter of time before Hurley blows.

You pick on him not in relation to SU, you pick on him because his immature attitude and inability to keep his mouth shut cost his top 5 team a winnable game.

When you learn to separate Syracuse fandom from general NCAAB observations you can begin to see that criticism doesn’t always have to be in relation to someone/something else.

I’ll add that many here rightfully called out JB for possibly costing SU the Duke game in 2014 following the fair charge call
I certainly hope you forgot to capitalize the ”f” in your last sentence. Otherwise you don’t belong here.

This Providence game is a foreshadow of whats gonna happen to Uconn in the tourney. Gonna get called for a million fouls with their D strategy. Very similar to what happened to Pitt under Dixon in the tourney.

Jacksons been at Uconn a decade now, still has zero semblance of an offensive game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom