I’m crushed but seriously how would you feel to be Rex right now? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I’m crushed but seriously how would you feel to be Rex right now?

while TD didn’t live up to expectations he’s the 3rd highest rated QB (and only elite 11 kid) weve ever recruited at Syracuse. Just sayin
Tough to do without an OLine, running backs or wide receivers.

I disagree, I think Rex and his family and close friends know better then anyone that a football game is just that . A game. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t give his all , just that he has perspective.

agree 100%. team plays its 2nd best game of the year but it Seems to have brought out the angry masses and I get it but let’s fire the coach! Worked so well in past and the guy who people were saying would be a great replacement gave up 71 today.

I’m aware. And that apparently cost us recruiting another even mildly regarded QB for 3 years.

that’s the urban legend but it’s not true. The problem was the primary kids we were targeting were way out of our league. They went to Penn State and Miami. Then plans B, C and D also went to P5 schools closer to home. I find fault with putting all the eggs in one basket approach and having too much ground to make up on those other kids. But i don’t even know how good those other kids are, I don’t think any of them are even playing yet.

Last edited:
I'd go to Fagans and order an Irish Car Bomb just cause I could

that’s the urban legend but it’s not true. The problem was the primary kids we were targeting were way out of our league. They went to Penn State and Miami. Then plans B, C and D also went to P5 schools closer to home. I find fault with putting all the eggs in one basket approach and having too. I have ground to make up on those other. But even know how good those kids are, I don’t think any of them are even playing yet.
I wasn’t suggesting that we made DeVito a promise. My point is what you said, we whiffed on every single decent QB we tried to land ever since. It blows my mind since Dino was brought here specifically to implement an O that would attract QBs who could function in it. That’s been an unequivocal failure.

He would have had more time if the receivers would have hustled back. They wasted 2-3 seconds, especially Harris. They acted with no urgency.

Is Summers agoraphobic or something? Like can he not walk to the Dome lest he break down? He seemed really promising, but we’ve heard NOTHING about him.

He would have had more time if the receivers would have hustled back. They wasted 2-3 seconds, especially Harris. They acted with no urgency.

I agree there wasnt enough hustle, but he would have just spiked the ball with 5 seconds instead of 1. I dont feel like there was a play he was set to run that he suddenly forgot.

Never gonna stop loving Rex.

Gonna take me a while to start loving Dino again.

I wasn’t suggesting that we made DeVito a promise. My point is what you said, we whiffed on every single decent QB we tried to land ever since. It blows my mind since Dino was brought here specifically to implement an O that would attract QBs who could function in it. That’s been an unequivocal failure.

you’ll have to excuse my incoherent writing tonight.

Anyone who has ever played competitive sports in their life probably has at least one moment where your body and mind just didn't synch up and you couldn't believe you did something.

I accidentally scored on my own goal once in a critical moment of a big soccer tournament due to a miscommunication with the goalie and I, and I thought my life was over. Fortunately I was 14 and not on the Columbian National Team. Unfortunately for Rex, his moment was on national TV and not in front of 50 parents.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I'm a football fan not a therapist. I talk about the game not how everyone feels...

[Bud Kilmer likes this.]

1606657518889.png

Did you consequently feel bad for Taj when Rex threw the ball at Taj’s feet and out of bounds?

Honestly no, different expectations. I expect our wr1 to make make simple plays as well as some difficult ones. I get the wr frustration not getting many good balls to catch but when they hit your hands you need to catch it. Taj made some stud plays on the day but he's got P5 talent... Sidearm Rex with his bruised up arms probably isn't even a D1 talent.

Think it wascompounded more by watching 5,6, 86, and 88 on NC State catching everything in their area on the day. We've had at least 1 wr every year to do that most every year. I get the want for a qb transfer but we need a wr with a catch radius as well

Honestly no, different expectations. I expect our wr1 to make make simple plays as well as some difficult ones. I get the wr frustration not getting many good balls to catch but when they hit your hands you need to catch it. Taj made some stud plays on the day but he's got P5 talent... Sidearm Rex with his bruised up arms probably isn't even a D1 talent.

Think it wascompounded more by watching 5,6, 86, and 88 on NC State catching everything in their area on the day. We've had at least 1 wr every year to do that most every year. I get the want for a qb transfer but we need a wr with a catch radius as well

This year, Taj has been good for a drop a game. The rest he reels in. Jackson, AET, Ish and Custis all did the same as our number 1 WR. Rex was an embarrassment out there yesterday, Taj was not. I guess you’re right about expectations. I fully expect a QB that’s been around for 6 years to be more capable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom