I’m not trying to get rid of our assistant coaches, but | Syracusefan.com

I’m not trying to get rid of our assistant coaches, but

Are you sure you're not trying to get rid of our assistant coaches?

Not judging.
Does it matter? JB will just replace with another SU alum. Doubt he’d go the Troy weaver route at this point even though he needs to.

the Stony Brook job is about to become open. That’s a good job for any of our assistants in my opinion.
Stony Brook would end up being a possible pay cut for both GMAC and Griff so would they want the title or the money and that is saying if either could even land the job.

Last edited:
Does it matter? JB will just replace with another SU alum. Doubt he’d go the Troy weaver route at this point even though he needs to.

Which SU alum would possibly even be an assistant candidate at this point? I can't think of many coaching that aren't already on the staff but could be wrong.

I don't think it would be a pay cut. SBU should be offering around $300-400K.

Blackwell.

Well that's true but I'd prefer going after someone with proven experience as a good recruiter, which I think means going outside the SU family.

Get Blackwell in here if we must hire from within, otherwise lets start hiring aspiring talent from elseqhere

Well that's true but I'd prefer going after someone with proven experience as a good recruiter, which I think means going outside the SU family.

I’d prefer someone with more experience as well. Somebody who is currently working for a much smaller school but has a reputation as a good recruiter. Like Rob Murphy back in the day.

need a big man coach - doubt he would be into it bur how about Derrick coleman? (FWIW LArry Brown said DC was the smartest player he ever coached and he seems to be at a lot of the games already)

also an offensive mastermind former PG type who can actually help this team scheme some better offense and help avoid those 10 minute scoring lulls...

also recruiting is an issue it seems as well......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom