I’m not trying to get rid of our assistant coaches, but | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I’m not trying to get rid of our assistant coaches, but

There are probably a lot more guys qualified for that job vs Gmac. With junior graduating maybe Red will look outside.

i know calhoun and jay wright came out of there, but america east is not exactly the cradle of coaches lately. has anyone ascended out of the america east to a successful p5 career since wright? and that was what, 2 decades ago?

pass

Lol
24EDB812-C439-40EF-8A80-489951788FE7.png

Wow! You just shot me down without me saying a thing! Although I would like to add Louie Orr who is currently on Ewing's staff. A been there done that veteran coach.
Including been there, done that, at SU, where he added nothing to recruiting. Heard that he turned off some kids with his proselytizing.

Red goes and takes Griff with him.
Red is ready to run his own program, and wants to if the right job comes along. I hope he gets the chance so he can prove himself as a head man before JB retires and have a chance for the SU job in another 3-4 years. Griff isn’t going anywhere though. He just got the dream assistant job he always wanted. He needs to get some big recruiting wins under his belt, which he should be able to do the next few years.

In reviewing this thread, I'm impressed that so many were able to operate a keyboard on Paddy's.

And disappointed that there's no assistant opening now for my dark horse candidate, Marty Headd.

One thing. I don't care if all our assistants were guards, or forwards, or centers as long as they are good coaches. That's another board trope that has run its course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom