I’m still stunned about Nykeim Johnson | Syracusefan.com

I’m still stunned about Nykeim Johnson

Did not see what happened but it looked like from the stands he took a borderline late shot to the head...wonder if the hit triggered the response. Not a good thing to happen with recruits and parents watching tho.

Yeah the guy from Wake who tagged him even popped up from the ground like he expected a flag. Bad miss. Bonehead response.
It was their RB Carney. I figured that they weren't going to throw a flag on him. Can't eject their best offensive player

shove is different than hit imo.
I agree, but he did deserve to be thrown out of the game.

However, the ref should have reviewed the play. A helmet to helmet hit is arguably the most serious infraction in the book, and for good reason. This should have been challenged and perhaps a refusal to review could be seen as grounds for early retirement of those involved.

The ref ran up on him and kind of shoved him away and he reacted. Not sure he knew it was a ref.
again, not that concerned, the penalty was deserved. It will be dealt with internally

I don't blame him for his reaction. That's a penalty 10/10 that didn't get called especially when you aren't allowed to hit anymore. He was rightfully ejected and I'm sure it'll be dealt with.

Well, he didn’t closed fist punch him, but he pretty violently threw his arm around. Touching a ref in any way is always a no-no

screw that’s zebra. he needs to keep his hands to himself too. The push away was a response to the ref putting his hands on the player.

Was it on tv? Anyone have a clip. I could not see it from my seats

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom