I’m still stunned about Nykeim Johnson | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

I’m still stunned about Nykeim Johnson

Let’s get technical. Per the officiating job description do they have to separate them?

If they want the game to continue and they guys keep jawing... I admire your passion for SU. We need more fans like you. But your glasses are so far orange when it comes to officiating that it's ridiculous and impossible to have an intelligent conversation with you. A guy pushed an official and you're arguing about it...unreal. I'm done with you.

If they want the game to continue and they guys keep jawing... I admire your passion for SU. We need more fans like you. But your glasses are so far orange when it comes to officiating that it's ridiculous and impossible to have an intelligent conversation with you. A guy pushed an official and you're arguing about it...unreal. I'm done with you.

I figured you wouldn’t answer the question because that would mean confronting where you are wrong. The funny thing is you mention intelligence and you think my position has something to do with being a fan of SU.

I figured you wouldn’t answer the question because that would mean confronting where you are wrong. The funny thing is you mention intelligence and you think my position has something to do with being a fan of SU.

Yes it is the refs job to keep the game under control including separating players if necessary. You think every call against SU is wrong! That has nothing to do with being an SU fan?

Yes it is the refs job to keep the game under control including separating players if necessary. You think every call against SU is wrong! That has nothing to do with being an SU fan?

No it’s not and no I don’t. I literally advocated a flag. There’s that intelligence again.

No it’s not and no I don’t. I literally advocated a flag. There’s that intelligence again.

We will just agree to disagree and I'm sorry if I made it personal. I won't engage you in the future because we obviously see things much differently.

Holy crap, when is the last time a ref elbowed a player in the throat? If you want to be ridiculous and go to extremes, I will concede that a player can put his hands on a ref, if the ref pulls a weapon and threatens another human being on the field. Does that satisfy you?

Now to the reasonable answer. A player can NEVER put their hands on a ref. It is a horrible precedent to even consider. The refs are outnumbered by a bunch of elite athletes that are mostly bigger and stronger and wearing protective equipment, some of which can be used as a weapon. Anything a ref could physically do to a player is likely less physical than what is happening in normal play and would be caught on camera. So again, a player can NEVER put their hands on a ref. NEVER!

They shouldn’t. In Orlando “Zeus” Brown’s case, where he got beaned in the eye with the relative equivalent of a bag of bb’s, I understood his panic/anger in the heat of the moment...though it was also frightening to see a guy that big go after someone so much smaller and older, over an accident. But his eye really got jacked up and knocked him out of football for like 3 years.

We will just agree to disagree and I'm sorry if I made it personal. I won't engage you in the future because we obviously see things much differently.

Lol do your thing then

I am compelled to remind you that your similarities far outweigh your differences. Don’t let something so meaningless rob you of years of thought provoking conversation and friendship.

Oh I don’t think we disagree at all. Some think I’m trying to justify a ref being shoved. I just want everyone to be treated the same.

They shouldn’t. In Orlando “Zeus” Brown’s case, where he got beaned in the eye with the relative equivalent of a bag of bb’s, I understood his panic/anger in the heat of the moment...though it was also frightening to see a guy that big go after someone so much smaller and older, over an accident. But his eye really got jacked up and knocked him out of football for like 3 years.
That makes sense. He was reacting to a serious injury. That was of course a completely different scenario that led to rules changes for officials. It never made sense that flags would be thrown in the direction of players.

We just look at things differently so it is what it is.

I will ask you this though because I think we can find common ground. Prior to the contact to the official, was our player exhibiting behavior that would have been flag-able for unsportsmanlike conduct?

When he hopped up and chased after the player he should have been flagged and it would have been within the rules. That would have been a way more effective deescalation tactic. For whatever reason the official thought it would be better to yell (who knows what) while initiate contact with an angry player. We hold the players to a standard of maintaining their bearing which is fine. My expectation is that the people in charge do as well and even more so.
No. We won't find common ground here. You think the ref throwing a flag is going to calm the player down when he already felt a call was missed? That's crazy.

It's not uncommon for a ref to tell players to chill so they don't have to throw a flag and penalize the whole team. It was a tight game near the end, and, blown call or not, he was probably trying not to give NJ a flag until he got physical. NJ should not have gotten in the official's face, and, when he did and the ref pushed him away, he should have turned and walked away. It's Dino's job to argue with refs and give them an earful. When a player argues with refs, it never benefits their team.

Let’s get technical. Per the officiating job description do they have to separate them?
I'll be honest, I don't know what the job description says. However, per years of established precedent, do they often separate them?

I'll be honest, I don't know what the job description says. However, per years of established precedent, do they often separate them?

forever But that doesn’t mean it’s not the wrong course of action. If anything a lot of things that have been done forever turn out to be wrong from my perspective.

forever But that doesn’t mean it’s not the wrong course of action. If anything a lot of things that have been done forever turn out to be wrong from my perspective.
My mom always said “two wrongs don’t make a right”. But, she never said how many wrongs do make a right. So, thanks a lot mom.

So refs shouldn't separate players? Ok, now you're just speaking nonsense.

Syracuse is just a cash cow for the ACC and the officiating reflects that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom