"I am back", the recruit you wished panned out who left

gilardino

Starter
from each decade!!!!

80's: Earl Duncan: could have been a special player

90's: Winford Walton, would have been John Wallace all day every day

00's: Bily Edelin, would have been one of our greatest point guards of all time

10's: Dash, cause there is no one else

For the 10's I will say MCW. I still think we only saw 50% of what he would have been when he matured. I hope the NBA is a place he can realize that potential, but I know for sure he would have in the next two years at Syracuse.

there is only 1 that needs to be mentioned for the entire jim boeheim era... its Winfred Walton.

He single handily set us back 2 or 3 years.

from each decade!!!!

80's: Earl Duncan: could have been a special player

90's: Winford Walton, would have been John Wallace all day every day

00's: Bily Edelin, would have been one of our greatest point guards of all time

10's: Dash, cause there is no one else

i wouldnt say edelin didnt pan out. i know you're line of reasoning. however, he was integral in a NC run so i refuse to take that position.

for the 00s, id say terrence roberts.

Guys I thought really would have helped the team the year after they left: Glenn Sekunda, Richard Manning, Rock Lloyd and Tony Bland. But Winfred Walton hands down was the ONE we needed at the time.

there is only 1 that needs to be mentioned for the entire jim boeheim era... its Winfred Walton.

He single handily set us back 2 or 3 years.

Agree 100%. And I wholeheartedly believe that his career would have unfolded completely differently had things worked out at SU, versus how they did at Fresno State. Kid was a real talent.

I think Matt Roe deserves a mention. The team he left was loaded but he had a big role he could have played.

For the 2010's I take Mookie over Dash. I think a motivated Mookster could have taken the 3rd guard spot, the guy could shoot.

I am so sick of you guys saying I didn't pan out. I never played at Syracuse and I graduated in '78. Leave me alone.
besides not being able to run or jump, you could only go left..

For the 2010's I take Mookie over Dash. I think a motivated Mookster could have taken the 3rd guard spot, the guy could shoot.

I felt the same way. I thought Mookie would have helped last year’s team quite a bit, spaced the floor better on a team that really struggled to shoot for stretches last season. Mookie, a career 40% three point shooter, would have essentially taken Cooney’s role, who shot 26.7% last year, so would have been an upgrade, if only for a year.

Dashonte, decent player who could never really got healthy and was put in a tough spot when AO went down. At the end of the day, we recruited over the guy every year, so not a huge loss.

Glenn Sekunda. Played HS golf against him and my high school played Par Hills in hoops a couple of times so I was always curious about his development.

Otherwise, I'll throw in a vote for the late Karlton Hines. I remember being very excited about the kid, but he obviously had major issues.

No doubt it has to be Ethan Cole, wasn't he the best big man transfer in the history of ESPN?

i wouldnt say edelin didnt pan out. i know you're line of reasoning. however, he was integral in a NC run so i refuse to take that position.

for the 00s, id say terrence roberts.

TRob didn't leave early. He played at SU for 4 years.

TRob didn't leave early. He played at SU for 4 years.

i see what youre saying here. my first time reading it, i didnt comprehend the requirement that the player did not finish his career.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom