I am soooo f. Ing. Sick of ACC officials | Syracusefan.com

I am soooo f. Ing. Sick of ACC officials

The worse things the officials did was to slow down our fast. If NC State players were still not on or off the field, they held up play. Are you seriously kidding me? One was really bad where we were ready to snap the ball and NC State would have gotten the usual "too many players on the field" when the ref blew the whistle and jumped in from of the snapper to hold up the play for NC State.
The officials were definitely booed many times in this game. They were AWFUL!

Along with the three massive calls that swung 21 pts, there were multiple blatant holds by NC State ignored. It BS and killing us.
The PI on Franklin & "chop block" were ridiculous, but what was the 3rd massive call?

If you're referring to the obvious incomplete pass their WR bobbled that our LB scooped up & began to return or the play where their RB's elbow was clearly down before the ball came out near the goal line, those were both called correctly.

The worse things the officials did was to slow down our fast. If NC State players were still not on or off the field, they held up play. Are you seriously kidding me? One was really bad where we were ready to snap the ball and NC State would have gotten the usual "too many players on the field" when the ref blew the whistle and jumped in from of the snapper to hold up the play for NC State.
By rule, if we (the offense) subs, they (the D) must be allowed to sub as well. NCST didn't seem to be subbing in a very timely fashion & I was wondering if there's a provision in the rule the requires them to. Kind of a grey area.

If we don't substitute between plays, the refs don't interfere.

However, if we sub players in and out, then NC State has to be given the opportunity to make subs as well before the ball can be snapped.

The refs only held up play after we made changes to our personnel. Which I don't think we would have done if Dungey was playing.

Along with the three massive calls that swung 21 pts, there were multiple blatant holds by NC State ignored. It BS and killing us.

I don't normally complaint, but NCSt seemed to mug our WRs and DBs on nearly every pass play.

I think one holding call was made against the Pack.

The PI on Franklin & "chop block" were ridiculous, but what was the 3rd massive call?

If you're referring to the obvious incomplete pass their WR bobbled that our LB scooped up & began to return or the play where their RB's elbow was clearly down before the ball came out near the goal line, those were both called correctly.

Didn't see a replay on that "bobbled" pass, but it sure looked like he had possession before he fumbled. I'll give you that elbow being down, though.

How do you miss this call? How?

I'm not even talking about the phantom chop block. Franklin's PI wasn't even close to being PI, and then we get this.

This sequence swung the entire game.

I am absolutely convinced that we have the worst refs of any conference in the country and that there is a clear southern bias. It is simply inexcusable week after week.

Watching Pitt/Clemson last night the Clemson receivers were getting away with offensive pass interference on almost every play. The refs would not call it. Sickening.

I love that we're getting ACC money. I love that we're at the Big Boys table. But, you know what? I'm really not crazy about being in the ACC. We seem to get jobbed a lot. On the field, on the court, with scheduling in-conference and match-ups in non-conference events. I guess I just don't get a lot of warm and fuzzies from frequently getting the short end of a much bigger stick then we had in the Big East.

We have been on the short end of calls against BC and NC State that the ACC needs to address. It is different if the refs are missing things for both sides. That happens. But those 2 games have been totally one sided.

In ACC games SU is 13th in the league in opponent penalties called. When you factor in that typically an SU game has MORE plays than the last place team (GA Tech who plays at a slow pace), we are the bottom team. When it comes to penalties called on SU, we are dead last in the ACC. So in conference games we are the most penalized team and our opponents are the least penalized team. These are facts that the ACC needs to explain.

Oh BTW NC State is the 2nd most penalized team in ACC play. Yet somehow they didn't have a single false start, illegal shift, HOLDING, or PI the entire game. Despite running 82 plays. There is something wrong here.

I am absolutely convinced that we have the worst refs of any conference in the country and that there is a clear southern bias. It is simply inexcusable week after week.

Watching Pitt/Clemson last night the Clemson receivers were getting away with offensive pass interference on almost every play. The refs would not call it. Sickening.
You see the play where Clemson fumbled the ball at goal line...and Pitt ran it back? Any doubt if the teams were reversed they would call it the same?

Realistically I thought he probably crossed the goal line but I figured the call would not be reversed due to no rock solid evidence.

How do you miss this call? How?

I'm not even talking about the phantom chop block. Franklin's PI wasn't even close to being PI, and then we get this.

This sequence swung the entire game.
On the PI call . It happened right in front of me. The ref who called it was 10 feet away. How he f'ed that call I have no idea

We have been on the short end of calls against BC and NC State that the ACC needs to address. It is different if the refs are missing things for both sides. That happens. But those 2 games have been totally one sided.

In ACC games SU is 13th in the league in opponent penalties called. When you factor in that typically an SU game has MORE plays than the last place team (GA Tech who plays at a slow pace), we are the bottom team. When it comes to penalties called on SU, we are dead last in the ACC. So in conference games we are the most penalized team and our opponents are the least penalized team. These are facts that the ACC needs to explain.

Oh BTW NC State is the 2nd most penalized team in ACC play. Yet somehow they didn't have a single false start, illegal shift, HOLDING, or PI the entire game. Despite running 82 plays. There is something wrong here.

There were sooooo many holding calls on the edge it was embarrassing for the refs.

You see the play where Clemson fumbled the ball at goal line...and Pitt ran it back? Any doubt if the teams were reversed they would call it the same?

Realistically I thought he probably crossed the goal line but I figured the call would not be reversed due to no rock solid evidence.

Yep. I knew that one was coming right back. And how about throwing a flag on that Dabo ? He's cursing at the side judge the entire game and out on the field on almost every play. Dude has a free pass and he knows it.