I am soooo f. Ing. Sick of ACC officials | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I am soooo f. Ing. Sick of ACC officials

the PI calls where awful but what i dont get is so many tims refs have long discussions and then when these critical plays happen they dont even try to correct mistakes.. I really think the chop block play had he not caught the ball they might have thrown the flag. on the franklin one he throws the flag so late he must have been looking to see if it was caught?

were these even as bad as the early hold on the NC st roll out pass that went uncalled and had the coaches screaming.

its strange how on some PI calls you get 3-4 flags and on others you only get one really late one. i get certain views and throws will limit what refs can see a play, but on a high floater i dont know how the back center judge wouldnt have a great angle to see there was no contact and at least have a discussion. the same for the non call where it probably could have been called 2-3 times and no one makes a call.

There are no words.

There are plenty of words.

The site will **** most of them out though.

Go look at the thread CIL started with the side by side video view of the call against us and the non-call against them. Being a ref seems like a thankless job, so I tend to want to go a little easy sometimes. But being bad at your job is being bad at your job, and that's why people get fired.

There was one just as bad that went against Clemson last night if it makes us feel any better.

Didn't see a replay on that "bobbled" pass, but it sure looked like he had possession before he fumbled. I'll give you that elbow being down, though.

Real time I thought so too.

But on the replay, he clearly never had it.

Same with the elbow play.

Unfortunate.

did anyone see a replay on the NC st run to the corner when he seemed to fumble just as he crossed the goal line? not the one where he was reviewed .

did anyone see a replay on the NC st run to the corner when he seemed to fumble just as he crossed the goal line? not the one where he was reviewed .

Yeah, that was another one I thought was ours real time. But when they showed the replay there wasn't enough to overturn. Looked like the ball cross the plane by inches.

I am absolutely convinced that we have the worst refs of any conference in the country and that there is a clear southern bias. It is simply inexcusable week after week.

Watching Pitt/Clemson last night the Clemson receivers were getting away with offensive pass interference on almost every play. The refs would not call it. Sickening.

Pitt got gamechanging calls in that one.

Reffing in football from Thu night to Mon night stinks.

I have stopped blaming the refs, it's not their fault! Start blaming the sport people. The powers that be have made too many god damn rules! They have put too much on the plate of the refs. The whole what is a catch what isn't a catch. Pass Interference is a joke totally, the whole face guarding rule is stupid. Who cares how a DB covers a WR, if he doesn't want to turn his head and have a chance at an INT that's a bad DB. But if a DB wants to face guard god bless him. Blocks in the back...give me a break, the vast majority of punts and kickoffs get a flag nowadays. At what point do you just say we need to make the game more simple.

Want to know why TV ratings are down......the games go too damn long cause every other play is a penalty. Nobody pays to watch ref's!!!

I could fix the sport with 3 simple changes..

1) Unless its totally violent and a danger to the players safety, don't call block in the back on special teams anymore.

2) Instant Replay gets vastly reduced to each coach gets 2 challenges, they can challenge anything...once those 2 are used up, that's it. No more replays. At most 4 replays a game total!! If a coach uses his 2 challenges and wins and gets them both right, you don't get extras to use. So a coach has to determine if this play is worth a challenge. You can challenge PI, holding, you can challenge any play you want, but you only get to do it twice a game so be smart about it. No more than 4 total replays a game. No more automatic replays from "the booth" either.

3) Illegal contact MUST be changed. Right now its 5 yards, change it to 15 yards and give defenders a chance to make a play. Tweak that rule alone and so many flags aren't thrown the pace of game speeds up and games become more fun to watch.

Reactions: FAL
The PI on Franklin & "chop block" were ridiculous, but what was the 3rd massive call?

If you're referring to the obvious incomplete pass their WR bobbled that our LB scooped up & began to return or the play where their RB's elbow was clearly down before the ball came out near the goal line, those were both called correctly.

The only way that was a fumble was if the original pass was backwards. I do not recall them looking at that angle on the replay.

It's not a conspiracy. It's just that our refs are that bad.

It's not that great throughout the country. I've watched practically all the Iowa and Wyoming games this year because of family ties and guess what - missed calls! It's a tough job but referees are just not really good right now. Even when we were in the Big East, we complained about the refs.

Ok , I'm going to confess what was going through my little mind and what ticked me off even more about these high impact calls going against us.

No replays! I have season tickets, attend all the games and have for years yet I know less about what happened on these calls than those who are sitting on their couches home or a casual viewer who just happened to tune in. In the stands , SU fans are upset, looking at each other wondering why did they make that call, searching the blank replay boards.Why?

Why are the fans actually attending penalized by having game changing replays blacked out? I was angrily thinking why attend and know less than those watching on tv or even listening to the radio? Our TD called back was in the corner on the visitor's side. The chop block call was inside the interior of the line play. Is this a conference rule? No confidence in their own officials? SEC allows it. The NFL allows it. I would think this issue would be huge in improving fans in-game experience. Frustrating to be forced to wait hours to see a replay of controversial game changing plays. Maybe I'm just getting grouchy in my "golden" years? :(

SEC fans will see more replays at stadiums, including the controversial ones

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...me-replays-as-official-under-the-hood-sees-it

Ok , I'm going to confess what was going through my little mind and what ticked me off even more about these high impact calls going against us.

No replays! I have season tickets, attend all the games and have for years yet I know less about what happened on these calls than those who are sitting on their couches home or a casual viewer who just happened to tune in. In the stands , SU fans are upset, looking at each other wondering why did they make that call, searching the blank replay boards.Why?

Why are the fans actually attending penalized by having game changing replays blacked out? I was angrily thinking why attend and know less than those watching on tv or even listening to the radio? Our TD called back was in the corner on the visitor's side. The chop block call was inside the interior of the line play. Is this a conference rule? No confidence in their own officials? SEC allows it. The NFL allows it. I would think this issue would be huge in improving fans in-game experience. Frustrating to be forced to wait hours to see a replay of controversial game changing plays. Maybe I'm just getting grouchy in my "golden" years? :(

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...me-replays-as-official-under-the-hood-sees-it

Totally agree. Having just attended my first game this year, that struck out to my as an obvious opportunity to improve.

Stadium fans will see exact same replays as official under the hood sees it
There is NO RULE ANYWHERE that prevents the dome from showing any replays, controversial or not. there is an unwritten agreement to protect the refs. Some schools show them all. We choose to give the fans actually spending money to attend, an experience that isn't as good as sitting at home. Horrible in 2016. If anyone tells you there is a conference rule, they are lying.

You see the play where Clemson fumbled the ball at goal line...and Pitt ran it back? Any doubt if the teams were reversed they would call it the same?

Realistically I thought he probably crossed the goal line but I figured the call would not be reversed due to no rock solid evidence.
Watching all of the replays from ABC, I think the officials made the right decision.

There is NO RULE ANYWHERE that prevents the dome from showing any replays, controversial or not. there is an unwritten agreement to protect the refs. Some schools show them all. We choose to give the fans actually spending money to attend, an experience that isn't as good as sitting at home. Horrible in 2016. If anyone tells you there is a conference rule, they are lying.
The refs can have a greater impact on the game then the players, coaches, or anyone else.
Yet, they are never held to account for their mistakes. Coaches and players, even AD's or conference admins sometimes, have to go before the media and public, and explain their mistakes.
And somehow, we protect refs at all costs? It sucks and needs to change, IMO.

Was anyone else confused on the illegal procedure flag that was thrown before we were even set? What was that all about?

Yes, it was before either team was set. Strange.

not sure how not showing a replay thats going to get booed no matter what they decide is really helping the refs. why are we protecting fball refs from showing mistakes anyway? i dont see them protecting nfl refs or MLB umps whats makes these guys any worse off?

Was anyone else confused on the illegal procedure flag that was thrown before we were even set? What was that all about?

It was BS. They blew it ready for play then blew the whistle again right away. There wasn't even time for a false start. On top of that it was called on a TE, who is allowed to move as long as it isn't forward. I really hope SU is bringing this stuff up with the ACC, it isn't right what happened during BC or NC State.