I am soooo f. Ing. Sick of ACC officials | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I am soooo f. Ing. Sick of ACC officials

I have stopped blaming the refs, it's not their fault! Start blaming the sport people. The powers that be have made too many god damn rules! They have put too much on the plate of the refs. The whole what is a catch what isn't a catch. Pass Interference is a joke totally, the whole face guarding rule is stupid. Who cares how a DB covers a WR, if he doesn't want to turn his head and have a chance at an INT that's a bad DB. But if a DB wants to face guard god bless him. Blocks in the back...give me a break, the vast majority of punts and kickoffs get a flag nowadays. At what point do you just say we need to make the game more simple.

Want to know why TV ratings are down...the games go too damn long cause every other play is a penalty. Nobody pays to watch ref's!!!

I could fix the sport with 3 simple changes..

1) Unless its totally violent and a danger to the players safety, don't call block in the back on special teams anymore.

2) Instant Replay gets vastly reduced to each coach gets 2 challenges, they can challenge anything...once those 2 are used up, that's it. No more replays. At most 4 replays a game total!! If a coach uses his 2 challenges and wins and gets them both right, you don't get extras to use. So a coach has to determine if this play is worth a challenge. You can challenge PI, holding, you can challenge any play you want, but you only get to do it twice a game so be smart about it. No more than 4 total replays a game. No more automatic replays from "the booth" either.

3) Illegal contact MUST be changed. Right now its 5 yards, change it to 15 yards and give defenders a chance to make a play. Tweak that rule alone and so many flags aren't thrown the pace of game speeds up and games become more fun to watch.

STOP! That makes too much sense. Just stop it already!:crazy:

I am absolutely convinced that we have the worst refs of any conference in the country and that there is a clear southern bias. It is simply inexcusable week after week.

Watching Pitt/Clemson last night the Clemson receivers were getting away with offensive pass interference on almost every play. The refs would not call it. Sickening.
PITT certainly benefited from some calls in that game.

I don't remember officiating being this bad ever. It's every team that's affected. John Swofford is going to do nothing about this so we just have to deal with it I guess.

What also bothered me was when the refs would step in to prevent our QBs from snapping the ball so that NC State could run subs in and out of the game. What was the basis for THAT nonsense?

They did it numerous times throughout the game.

What also bothered me was when the refs would step in to prevent our QBs from snapping the ball so that NC State could run subs in and out of the game. What was the basis for THAT nonsense?

If we keep the same 11 guys on the field, we can run plays as fast as we want.

If we substitute between plays, NCState also gets the opportunity to sub.

The refs only stepped in when we changed players. We'd have Strickland at QB w/Fredericks at RB (and Mahoney split wide) on one play, then we'd swap JFred out for another WR on the next play.

It's tough to pick up on TV because the cameras don't focus on the subs, but you could see it live.

There is NO RULE ANYWHERE that prevents the dome from showing any replays, controversial or not. there is an unwritten agreement to protect the refs. Some schools show them all. We choose to give the fans actually spending money to attend, an experience that isn't as good as sitting at home. Horrible in 2016. If anyone tells you there is a conference rule, they are lying.
The ACC refs are terrible. Might well have cost SU the game with the chop that wasn't and the pass interference that wasn't.

Fixing that is hard and will take time.

Fixing the decision to not show replays at the Dome, or at best show one angle, almost as soon as the play ends, so it is very hard to catch, is not hard to fix.

Someone in the SU AD offices needs to realize that they are in a war with television networks broadcasting the games. Both want SU fans.

We can either stay at home, in our increasingly nice setups, with increasingly high quality TVs, which show every replay angle known to man.

Or go to the games.

If SU wants to retain and grow its audience at the Dome, it needs to do things like improve the replay situation, fix the awful problems with ticket pricing/seat licenses, address the awful situation with out of town scores, and improve the food situation.

Even the schools that care about the fan experience and do a great job providing these kinds of things are struggling to hold on to the attendance they historically could take from granted.

It is no surprise attendance is at an all time low at the Dome given all this. Glad they are trying with the crappy hamburger/crappy pizza log idea, but they need to step up and do a hell of a lot more.

The ACC refs are terrible. Might well have cost SU the game with the chop that wasn't and the pass interference that wasn't.

Fixing that is hard and will take time.

Fixing the decision to not show replays at the Dome, or at best show one angle, almost as soon as the play ends, so it is very hard to catch, is not hard to fix.

Someone in the SU AD offices needs to realize that they are in a war with television networks broadcasting the games. Both want SU fans.

We can either stay at home, in our increasingly nice setups, with increasingly high quality TVs, which show every replay angle known to man.

Or go to the games.

If SU wants to retain and grow its audience at the Dome, it needs to do things like improve the replay situation, fix the awful problems with ticket pricing/seat licenses, address the awful situation with out of town scores, and improve the food situation.

Even the schools that care about the fan experience and do a great job providing these kinds of things are struggling to hold on to the attendance they historically could take from granted.

It is no surprise attendance is at an all time low at the Dome given all this. Glad they are trying with the crappy hamburger/crappy pizza log idea, but they need to step up and do a hell of a lot more.

Dino BBQ is also being added for the food, but this is a great post.

Dino BBQ is also being added for the food, but this is a great post.

Not for nothing, but I understand that this "introduction of Dinosaur" means that they'll be using jars of Dino BBQ sauce to flavor the same pulled pork sandwiches they've been selling at hoops games for the last 20 years.

Anyway, it'd be cool if someone with more patience than I have would forward Tom's post to a decision-maker at SU. (I've gotten too many "the sky is not blue" responses from them to waste more time than it takes to make this post.) It's a great point, and continued ineptitude on their part is going to further hurt the bottom line.

We were making subs on offense. A few times one WR would take a couple steps off the field to the sideline and the WR replacing him was just taking a few steps on the field and staying on the outside. If you weren't paying attention you wouldn't know a sub was made but it was.

Refs were fine in that regard on Saturday