I believe Boeheim will speak to fans before game | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

I believe Boeheim will speak to fans before game

I know one thing. If JB does the presser, I feel sorry for the young “trying to get his feet wet in the business” reporter that asks a stupid question. Especially if it’s about the accident.

I must be out of the loop, where’d you see this?

Based on the fact that the guys son said JB shouldn't be coaching tomorrow and the game should be cancelled I don't think the family is exactly members of this board.

I know one thing. If JB does the presser, I feel sorry for the young “trying to get his feet wet in the business” reporter that asks a stupid question. Especially if it’s about the accident.
I would have to imagine they wouldnt let there be any accident related questions.

Not sure why my response to this was deleted, but in my opinion this is a really bad post.

Blame young journalists?

This is essentially JB at his worst and would hope we never see that again.

JB has a game to coach.

The family will be acknowledged in some way.

They are a part of us and part of our community. I don't know how though. But they will be part of tomorrows game someway. We look after our own.

I am pretty sure it will be made CRYSTAL clear to the media in that room that if JB does hold a presser after the game, all questions must be solely about the game.

Icy conditions at night I don't think its that high of a bar.
JB is not at fault based on everything I’ve read. But you guys keep mentioning the ice and BAC as an exonerating factor and it’s a bit misleading.

Fortunately JB was reportedly in complete control and traveling at proper speed when he swerved to avoid. That’s the most important and mitigating factor. If JB overcorrected when he swerved onto the shoulder or was driving too fast based on the conditions then his 0.0 BAC and the ice wouldn’t save him from charges being pressed. Charges might be reduced based on conditions and visibility but he would still be at fault.

Based on the fact that the guys son said JB shouldn't be coaching tomorrow and the game should be cancelled I don't think the family is exactly members of this board.
Is there evidence of this anywhere? I haven’t seen that printed anywhere.

Is there evidence of this anywhere? I haven’t seen that printed anywhere.
There’s a video somewhere in one of those threads. His 19 year old step son says he think they should cancel the game. Granted this was because a TV station thought it was a good idea to stick a microphone infront of a 19 year olds face 2 days after he tragically lost his father and asked him how he felt about it

I am pretty sure it will be made CRYSTAL clear to the media in that room that if JB does hold a presser after the game, all questions must be solely about the game.
Don’t disagree, but I’d be SHOCKED if he doesn’t run Red/Gmac into the presser

I think some fans are hoping to witness a dramatic, memorable, and emotional moment today. I doubt that it is going to happen. I am not sure that this situation lends itself to a public moment like that.
Agreed. The last thing Jim should be doing is grabbing a mic and talking. Honestly what would anyone expect him to say? After the game my guess would be he takes just a handful (if that) of questions.

I think some fans are hoping to witness a dramatic, memorable, and emotional moment today. I doubt that it is going to happen. I am not sure that this situation lends itself to a public moment like that.

I don't think so.

I just think they are clearly on the minds of all of our fans and when we win will be a part of it. Noone is at fault here and there are no right things to say or correct words.

I don't think so.

I just think they are clearly on the minds of all of our fans and when we win will be a part of it. Noone is at fault here and there are no right things to say or correct words.
That's the point, per the original post there is nothing for Jim to get on a mic today and say in front of the dome crowd. It would not make any sense. This is not some Lou Gehrig moment...Jim for whatever reason decided to coach today. The university is appropriately having a moment of silence which I am sure will be tough for Jim. Then it's game time.

Moment of silence to precede Syracuse-Duke game to remember Boeheim crash victim

SYRACUSE, N.Y. — Sources close to Syracuse University tell CNYCentral there will be a moment of silence before the Syracuse vs. Duke basketball game at the Carrier Dome Saturday in memory of the man killed in a car crash involving Hall of Fame Head Coach Jim Boeheim this week.

It doesn’t feel right to me asking 35k+ people who have no idea who Jiminez was to memorialize his passing. Maybe he wasn’t such a great guy, does anyone really know anything other than he was the victim of an unfortunate accident on Wednesday night.

Was the accident and his death tragic? Absolutely.

But generally when you do this the people memorializing have some connection, even if by proxy, to the memorialized. Or there is someone present that you are extending condolences to in having the moment of silence.

I’m not living locally so maybe the vibe is different locally, but the idea just doesn’t feel right to me.

A group hug/ovation for JB would be more appropriate as that is who the people in attendance have a connection to, but I don’t think that’s really the right thing either.

I imagine it’s going to be kind of uncomfortable.

It doesn’t feel right to me asking 35k+ people who have no idea who Jiminez was to memorialize his passing. Maybe he wasn’t such a great guy, does anyone really know anything other than he was the victim of an unfortunate accident on Wednesday night.

Was the accident and his death tragic? Absolutely.

But generally when you do this the people memorializing have some connection, even if by proxy, to the memorialized. Or there is someone present that you are extending condolences to in having the moment of silence.

I’m not living locally so maybe the vibe is different locally, but the idea just doesn’t feel right to me.

A group hug/ovation for JB would be more appropriate as that is who the people in attendance have a connection to, but I don’t think that’s really the right thing either.

I imagine it’s going to be kind of uncomfortable.

Thats not really fair. Look at the media circus dude if there was dirt on this guy trust me you'd know about it it would have come to light the media is sticking microphones in his kids faces a day after losing their dad. The fact we haven't heard anything makes it 99.9% likely he was a good family person.

Like JB the guy also did nothing wrong you don't sit in a car in the middle of the highway.

Posted several times in various threads here.

Zero chance the game would have been canceled. I don’t think that was even brought up.

JB coaching in the game was always the option that was discussed.

However, I feel for the kid because he’s going through a tragic loss. His world has stopped (to a point). I’m sure he feels that everyone else’s world should stop too. Just a very difficult thing to think rationally about for a young kid that just experienced a tragic loss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom