I bet Marrone surprises us all with the close to this class.. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

I bet Marrone surprises us all with the close to this class..

Because GROB's recruits are Juniors and Seniors, with four years of full time practices and S&C. The bulk of Marrone's recruits are Freshmen and Sophomores. Many of them are still developmental projects, who need time to grow.

I think on most of the teams in the country the juniors and seniors would beat the freshmen and sophomores. You can't really compare them until they are at the same stages of their careers.

Sure.

I earned long ago to trust a coach's judgement on recruits rather than my own or those of other internet posters. The coach has seen these guys play and knows more about them than we do or than the guys giving out the star ratings do. I just root for the coaches to get the guys they have have decided they want. It's not about impressing the fans with star ratings.

I earned long ago to trust a coach's judgement on recruits rather than my own or those of other internet posters. The coach has seen these guys play and knows more about them than we do or than the guys giving out the star ratings do. I just root for the coaches to get the guys they have have decided they want. It's not about impressing the fans with star ratings.

I would agree with this for the most part. However, if the school is recruiting guys like Dalton Crossan and Devante MacFarlane, but they have a chance with Keith Marshall (the #1 or #2 RB prospect in the country), or the choice is between Josh Manley and a Jarron Jones / Ishaq Williams type, I would happily be impressed by the stars.

Kev

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom