I can't help but wonder... | Syracusefan.com

I can't help but wonder...

Jasonrob44

Scout Team
...and I'm sure that I'm going to take some heat for this, but in my 24 years of being a die hard sports fan, I have never seen a game officiated like that. And I have not once complained about officiating, and got overly annoyed with fans who would whine about it. But I can't help but wonder if the NCAA, at the end of the day, wanted no part of this team making it to the Final Four after all of the controversy and bad feelings, nationally, about this program right now.

Everything aside, I'll be very proud of this team in a few days from now, and will miss seeing Scoop and Kris wearing orange. From here on out... Go Baylor!

They called it tight from the get go and backed themselves into a corner... It is the only game I saw called that tight all year... Definately didn't help our cause.. Let them play

They called it tight from the get go and backed themselves into a corner... It is the only game I saw called that tight all year... Definately didn't help our cause.. Let them play

It seemed more like they called it tightly in only one direction though. On one end, Sullinger gets breathed on and he's walking to the line before a whistle even blows, and than the next trip down he's allowed to just bull doze through white jerseys like they're bowling pins. I'm one of those guys that gives credit where it's due, but this, to me, is the worst I've ever seen. Between the ticky tack calls, the T on JB, and the phantom touches on the out of bounds plays, I can't understand it...

That said, we did have chances at the end that one of our Seniors threw away on three straight possessions. Love the fight, and we still had a chance to be all 8 guys, but it just wasn't enough...

If we'd scored on 5 good shots we had from 6-inch range it would have been the Buckeyes having to dig themselves out of a hole. Dion was Noid (backwards Dion) -- out of synch most all the night.-VBOF

If we'd scored on 5 good shots we had from 6-inch range it would have been the Buckeyes having to dig themselves out of a hole. Dion was Noid (backwards Dion) -- out of synch most all the night.-VBOF

How do you drive to the rim though without being worried about being called for a charge?

This game was not called fairly. I counted 14 fouls on OSU in the 1st half that weren't called. Craft cracking Scoops hand on the out of bounds call directly in front of the ref. No call. Absolute joke.

It seemed more like they called it tightly in only one direction though. On one end, Sullinger gets breathed on and he's walking to the line before a whistle even blows, and than the next trip down he's allowed to just bull doze through white jerseys like they're bowling pins. I'm one of those guys that gives credit where it's due, but this, to me, is the worst I've ever seen. Between the ticky tack calls, the T on JB, and the phantom touches on the out of bounds plays, I can't understand it...

That said, we did have chances at the end that one of our Seniors threw away on three straight possessions. Love the fight, and we still had a chance to be all 8 guys, but it just wasn't enough...
I think the refs were god awful, but JB's T was probably deserved; honestly whether he deserved it or not it should't have affected the game, there was like 5min left in the 1st half

They blew the whistle for no reason one time. Anticipation calls all game. It was that bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom