I can't move on... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I can't move on...

I keep attempting to turn the page to Notre Dame and the season that we still have in front of us but I cannot. It was just such a huge opportunity missed and one that may only come around every 30 - 40 years. We had it right in front of us and a 21-10 lead at half. Syracuse absolutely should have won that game and Shrader said it himself.

I guess I am having difficulty moving on because of what they let slip away. Tucker not touching the ball, the penalties (some very questionable) and coaching blunders all contributed. It leaves us all with a huge "What if". I'm sorry but even if we blow the doors off of Notre Dame, I will always think what could have been.

As someone else said, this was a Program Trajectory Changing game and to have it and then lose it is just so tough to move on from. My wife keeps telling me to let it go...I can't
I'm with ya. As a Philly guy, I was thinking I was going to get to ride the Orange, Eagles, Phillies trifecta for at least another week. I haven't felt this terrible since I saw Coldplay in concert.

Hard to move on

But then I realize if you would have told me in July that we would be 6-1 going into the Notre Dame game I would have told you that you were absolutely crazy but I would take it 100 times over.

We can still the run the table the rest of the way and get ourselves into the Orange Bowl which would be MASSIVE for Cuse and recruiting.

We have a team stacked with returning players that are building a foundation for future years. We have a more favorable schedule next year. We get Clemson at home….

This year is still special, next season can be even more special.

And in a couple years when they bump it to 12 playoff teams, we would be right in the hunt still.

We are building our brand and doing a heck of a job

Last edited:
Hard to move on

But then I realize if you would have told me in July that we would be 6-1 going into the Notre Dame game I would have told you that you were absolutely crazy but I would take it 100 times over.

We can still the run the table the rest of the way and get ourselves into the Orange Bowl which would be MASSIVE for Cuse and recruiting.

We have a team stacked with returning players that are building a foundation for future years. We have a more favorable schedule next year. We get Clemson at home….

This year is still special, next season can be even more special.

And in a couple years when they bump it to 12 playoff teams, we would be right in the hunt still.

We are building are brand and doing a heck of a job
To add to this, finishing on a high note this year puts us ahead of the curve in the polls next year (much like from 2018 to 2019).

While preseason polls don't mean much, at least we wouldn't have to wait until we go 4-0 to start receiving votes and have people talking about Cuse.

This game is a good opportunity to erase a different, oft-overlooked demon from 2018.

And the week after that. All 3 were lined up in a row.

Hopefully all 3 don't repeat. 1 for 1 in that unfortunate category right now.

I keep attempting to turn the page to Notre Dame and the season that we still have in front of us but I cannot. It was just such a huge opportunity missed and one that may only come around every 30 - 40 years. We had it right in front of us and a 21-10 lead at half. Syracuse absolutely should have won that game and Shrader said it himself.

I guess I am having difficulty moving on because of what they let slip away. Tucker not touching the ball, the penalties (some very questionable) and coaching blunders all contributed. It leaves us all with a huge "What if". I'm sorry but even if we blow the doors off of Notre Dame, I will always think what could have been.

As someone else said, this was a Program Trajectory Changing game and to have it and then lose it is just so tough to move on from. My wife keeps telling me to let it go...I can't

Just remember, if we win out, we get a rematch in the ACC Championship game, and if we win, we can still make the College Playoff.

Normally I’m on this site everyday. I literally had to shut off all SUFB talk until right now lol. It was such a blow, but now I’m over the hump and ready to beat Notre dame!
Taken awhile but I’m on Notre Dame. Will be a really good feeling to take them out .

If we whip Notre Dame this weekend, I'll be able to move on.

I really don't think we're going to whip them, but hopefully a win.

I think this game is going to be a rock fight. ND just runs and throws to TE, throws in all their chips to stop Shrader's legs and Gadsden.

We probably need to feature Tucker like never before, but just don't see that in Anae's DNA.

I really don't think we're going to whip them, but hopefully a win.

I think this game is going to be a rock fight. ND just runs and throws to TE, throws in all their chips to stop Shrader's legs and Gadsden.

We probably need to feature Tucker like never before, but just don't see that in Anae's DNA.

I think [hope?] that it is going to be a very similar game to NC State.

Would kill to score early, and benefit from playing ahead the whole game.

It's only going to bother you for 25 years. 30 at the outside. I got over the '61 ND game two years ago at least. My therapist thinks I'm making great progress.

Do we get ACC officials, hope not, No Big , or Big 12 , or PAC 12 . SEC wouldn’t work either. Other then that I’m good.

Are we getting moved to the coastal?

Pretty sure they changed the rules to say that the top 2 ranked teams get paired in the Conference Championship game, regardless of division.

I’m in same boat. Keep thinking about BS missed calls and plays not made. Plus it was 21-10 in the 4th quarter with us getting f the ball back after 3 and 24 but wait… a Clemson played pushed Eli into the QB who was still trying to gain yards. We get the ball back right there with like 10 minutes to go up 11 and I guarantee we run it with Tucker at least a couple times.

P
If Fuentes just keeps his hands to himself, our chances of winning are significantly higher.

I promised myself I wouldn't have that stressful thought again, but here we are.
I didn’t notice until I saw different highlights later he was pushed into the qb

Thought that was for next year when they scrap divisions.
Yup, beginning in 2023 it’s the two teams with the highest conference winning percentage as there will be no divisions.

I think what Dick MacPherson did at SU was nearly a miracle considering the obstacles. Hope spring eternal. In the meantime, I'm watching a game at a time. I have no expectations for any game the rest of this season.

Let ‘er go bud, let ‘er go.

We still have a very real possibility at attaining one of the best seasons in school history. And that’s something to be excited for. No rewind button on the past. Gotta move forward.

And it starts by getting it done Saturday!

I think I’m gonna get drunk!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom